• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    My appolagies if this has already been posted, but just stumbled on this. It looks like Ruger is finally diving into the defensive pistol market, first the SR9, now the LCP. It looks like a slightly larger kel-tec P3AT, possibly made better, and possibly the perfect pocket pistol for summer carry out of state. All specifics are not yet available, but so far:

http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAFamily?type=Pistol&subtype=Centerfire%20Autoloading&famlst=64
    Caliber: .380 Auto
    Capacity: 6+1 Rounds
    Finish: Blued
    Grip: Glass-Filled Nylon
    Barrel Length: 2.75"
    Groove: 6
    Twist: 1:16" RH
    Overall Length: 5.16"
    Weight: 9.4 oz
    California Approved: No
    Massachusetts Approved: No
    Front Sight(s): Fixed
    Rear Sight(s): Fixed
    Other Features: N/A
    Suggested Retail Price: $ 330.00
    Miscellaneous: One 6-Round Magazine Included. Available for sale beginning mid-March, 2008.

I think I might have to take a really close look at this as soon as a local gun shop can get a-hold of one, it just might trump my j-frame in the summer. I have fired a PPK, P3AT and Bersa 380. I liked the bersa, but it was not significantly smaller than my beloved S&W 442, it was thinner, but heavier. The P3AT was OK, I could handle it fine, and is accurate enough for most likely encounters, but felt cheap, and the little grips were somewhat "blocky". The ruger looks to be similarly priced, a hair bit wider, and might be my next handgun purchase when available. So, that being said, what does everyone think? And do any baltimore area dealers expect to get any in?

[YT]R5DrJMW1qAI[/YT]

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Got to wait for the Roster Board first.

of course. And depending on how things go, I may be a Pennsylvanian in a couple months, thus leaving the reach of the MD roster board.

Last edited:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    are you really writing on the forum while in the crapper?? hurry up, lets go shootin.....one dedicated member there

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    SR-9 !!!

We sold a SR-9 yesterday. They are pretty nice. There are two models,(1) Stainless tutone, and (2) Blackened Stainless. I like the look of the Blackened Stainless model. If you want pricing PM me and I'll get back to you.:D

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    are you really writing on the forum while in the crapper?? hurry up, lets go shootin.....one dedicated member there

Dad doesn't have any good magazines in there, so I post on the smartphone while I take a Hillary :D

We sold a SR-9 yesterday. They are pretty nice. There are two models,(1) Stainless tutone, and (2) Blackened Stainless. I like the look of the Blackened Stainless model. If you want pricing PM me and I'll get back to you.

I'm not really intersted in another fullsize pistol, but appreciate the offer. I have yet to make it to your shop to look around, hopefully soon, Iv'e heard good things, and am a little afraid the haul from Westminster will be entirely worth it, requiring a new excuse for buying another gun, the old "I just put a new set of grips/stock/paint/scope/barrel on my old gun" is kinda getting worn out:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom