• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

I am a fan of Miculek's, the guy makes a revolver look like a machine gun, and is probably the best combat wheelgun shooter in the world.

Five time USPSA 3-Gun National Championship
    Four time 2nd Chance Bowling Pin Champion
    1997 American Handgunner World Shoot-Off Champion
    Fourteen time International Revolver Champion
    Member of five time winning pro team at the Sportsmans Team Challenge
    Three time Masters International Long Gun Champion
    Three time USPSA National Revolver Champion
    Two time IPSC World Revolver Champion
    Presently holds 5 world records, 60 rounds through 10 revolvers in 17.12 seconds. 6 shots-reload-6 shots in 2.99 seconds. 8 shots on a single target in 1 second. 8 shots on 4 targets (2 shots per target) in 1.06 seconds. 5 shots on a single target in .57 seconds

Shooting a revolver well is a tough thing to do, I am still learning after 20 years worth of practice, and know just enough to realize that I suck:D I stumbled on this short series of video instructions by the man himself, and thought I would share with anyone else that is a fan of the wheelgun, newbies looking to build strong techniques, or seasoned veterans that would like to brush up on the basics.

Jerry Miculek instructional Video series
    not sure how to embed the series, so open the above link in a new window.

Last edited:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Very cool Alucard! I may be a Ruger guy, but Jerry is friggin awesome. I truly believe that learning to shoot a revolver competantly is easier than a semi. Mastering them and thier long heavy triggers is a life's work.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    wow did I need that - finally got my Rossi 462 back from the shop and was I shooting poorly. An pistol I can hit center mass easy but withe the smaller frame 357 I was shooting way right. I guiess as I was pulling the trigger I was curling the gun. I think just changing the grip and finger position as he showed would help. Thanks

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I saw a video of him shooting a snubby a while back, and noticed the thumb over the wrist technique, and tried it out myself, and holy crap, it locks the little j-frame in your hand solidly, every time it fires, it just squirms a little, and is right back in sight alignment almost right away. The techniques make a hold stable enough that there is almost no reason to cock the revolver and fire it single action.

There are hundreds of other good videos on the site too
    MyoutdoorTV

Last edited:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    dont forget about those instructional videos for the non-wheelgunners too..the army team has a good few videos out there...good stuff to practice with a bb gun or airsoft in the backyard.

todd jarrett has some good videos too...even if he is a bit nutts...

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Great videos guys... Love this stuff. Nothing like having a good frame of reference on where to train when learning at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom