• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I have seen several Browning 1911 pistols in .22 lately. They look to be about 7/8th's scale versions of the .45 cal 1911 style pistols. Has anyone purchased one of these and what do you think of it? Do they function reliably? I'm considering buying one or two. Thanks.

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    I have the shorter barrel one and really like it. The main problem is the rear sight groove is also 80% sized so it is really tiny. The whole gun is smaller. I feels like a carry gun if I didn't live in MD. I find I shoot my GSG better than the browning.

I'd buy a longer barrel one today if I could find it.

Last edited:

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Its a nicely made gun, however I think I'd buy the Sig/GSG over the Browning. Sig/GSG is hundreds cheaper and full size, unless you've got tiny hands.

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    More thoughts on the Browning...

The trigger has some creep to it, more than any other (.22) I own. The trigger on my GSG is nicer. I have on pin on the rear of the slide that likes to walk a little. It is also small for my hands. You get more for your money with the Rugers or some others but the baby Browning is cool.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Why in the world did Browning not just make a full size .22 1911 instead of shrinking the gun 20%? It makes no sense. Lots of folks would love a 1911 .22 with Browning quality to use as a training gun to save money on ammo versus shooting. .45 ACP.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I have had conversions for the 1911 and they were good. The main reason I'm looking at the smaller Browning 1911 22 is that I wanted to make exactly that in steel way back when I took metal shop in school. I drafted plans and actually made the barrel before the teacher said I couldn't make one. I do like the idea of a smaller version of the 1911 for a "tackle box" gun. Now, if Browning made these out of steel and in .380acp, they would have something!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Colt .380 Gov't Model, now discontinued ( aka Mustang's predicessor & Big Brother ) . Also if you squint a little , the various .380 Llama ' s .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom