• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Went to Freedom Armory today after work unsuccesfully looking for an AR LPK, when there in the case were a half dozen XD(m)s fresh from the factory, they had an example of all 6 variants, ranging from $600-$670. I have read a lot about them, fired one a few weeks ago, and liked the pistol, but wasn't really looking to get one, until tonight. The XD(M) has a rebate for the next couple weeks good for 2 spare mags, and a pouch, and the price was righ, so I jumped on it, and a Black on black 40S&W came home with me. The grip is about the most comfortable of any polymer pistol I have found, and it points naturally, 16+1 rounds of 40 is impressive, and between all the little bells and whistles, it shapes up to be a great pistol, and probably the best handgun in it's class for the money.

The trigger pull is good, despite a little more overtravel than I would like, and the chamber and lock up fit is about perfect, tight and smooth, it should be a good shooter and HD gun. It also mounts the light/laser Smokey0118 got me for christmas perfectly, even the finish matches perfectly. I was originally considering a 9mm version, but wanted to try something a little different, I already have a lot of 9mm and 45ACP pistols, but this will be my first 40. I'll write up a range report as soon as I get a chance to shoot it. For a wheelgun and "wood and steel" man, these soul-less plastic pistols are sure piling up, and it makes me feel a little dirty:D I think a S&W 610 wheelgun will have to be the next one;)

S7300349.jpg

S7300351.jpg

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Congrats! The 610 is a beauty too. Get it soon before the polymer poison gets to far into your system.

Kenny

The Bomb Digity
    Nov 2, 2008
    Lusby
    I like the XD's, I'm thinking about either getting a XDm 9mm, or a compact 9mm for home defense.

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    nice choice. I was having a hard time deciding between the XDm and the original XD. I wish I would have read this thread sooner, I may have decided to go with the XDm for $600, but you really can't go wrong with either. I picked up a 4" OD/Black 9mm to go with my PX4 .40. Guess we went opposite ways :D

By the way, that deal for 2 extra mags(making four total) and a second magazine pouch is good for the XD AND the XDm, up until Jan 15 2009. If you bought one after October (15?) you can still get the mag deal, just got to fill out a form and send a receipt.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Congrats! The 610 is a beauty too. Get it soon before the polymer poison gets to far into your system.

It was tough to walk out of there with only 1 gun, and racking up the credit card, they had a never fired mint condition 6" early model colt trooper for about the same price. They have to order the 610, and with the $50 S&W rebate it costs $700.

I can't wait to fire the XDm, this thing is sweet, and should make for a great bed side/OC/IDPA gun. With the PDP trigger kit, my only gripe should be solved for $60

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    alucard0822 your new addition looks great, congrats! couple quick questions. I have the 9mm flavor and was wondering if you had a link to the light/laser combo you have on there? Looks sweet.

Also, let me know when you do that trigger job...I don't have a problem with mine stock (probably bc I dont know any better), so I'm dying to see what it would feel like and hear info on the diff.

Again, congrats on the new purchase, enjoy!

Ryan

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    alucard0822 your new addition looks great, congrats! couple quick questions. I have the 9mm flavor and was wondering if you had a link to the light/laser combo you have on there? Looks sweet.

Also, let me know when you do that trigger job...I don't have a problem with mine stock (probably bc I dont know any better), so I'm dying to see what it would feel like and hear info on the diff.

Again, congrats on the new purchase, enjoy!

Ryan

Yes the tack light looks great is it made by Springfield?

Thanks, I'll order and install the trigger kit after I get a couple hundred rounds through it, and post pics of the install and results.

The taclight/laser is made by GLOCK, not sure how much or where to get one, it was a christmas present from my brother. The light fits the rail tight, and if you didn't notice the little GLOCK logo on it, you would think it was made for the XDM.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    p.s.- jer, looks like another good pickup i'll need to try out. all those people 8 months ago asking why you just dont invest more in a 401k sure are probably scratching their heads now huh?
    ...also dont forget you can store the light on the mag-holster while the pistol's in it's own holster

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    p.s.- jer, looks like another good pickup i'll need to try out. all those people 8 months ago asking why you just dont invest more in a 401k sure are probably scratching their heads now huh?
    ...also dont forget you can store the light on the mag-holster while the pistol's in it's own holster

Oh sure, just because it's YOUR new toy, YOU get the model number right!

Sweet setup ya got there. Think I might have to see about picking one up myself.

As much as I hate pic rails on a handgun, the gun, mag holster,and even the f-in carrying case has em. What good is a guncase if I can't mount a VFG and EOtech on it?:D

and I am trying to catch up to this guy
    ubertacticoolxw3.jpg

Now, I can't wait till tax time, and my S&W 610 comes in. 10mm/40S&W in a moonclipped revolver is a thing of beauty

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom