• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Glad I could help Ty. The improvement on the XDS was noticeable but marginal - for $18 I'd do it again. The improvement on the XDM was fantastic. At $145 it is pricey, but the kit includes well machined parts, it is not beyond the capabilities of a mechanically inclined DIY person, and I would definitely do it again.

Whenever I buy the kit I'll just drop it off at your place :innocent0 :D

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have the same PRP match kit in my XDM9. It was an improvement. Not sure its was worth $145 but it does work;) The trigger part is actually a Springfield optional part so the gun stays 'stock' in USPSA rules.

Having a thin file to get behind the trigger w/o disassembling it repeatedly is a huge help. Esp one thats smooth on the back (else just put a pc of tape on one side to avoid scratching the receiver.) Sharpening stones or diamond sharpening sticks can also be used to file the little ear of that new part the hits the sear. It just takes a tiny bit of fitting.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    If it improves my consistency it will be worth the $145, and yes I liked the idea that the trigger was a stock Springfield part. I have the small files, just felt more comfortable taking it off. I'll try your technique on ProtegeV's XDM :lol2:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Ran a box thru each of the XDS and the XDM. The XDS is smoother but the improvement was marginal - still for $18 I'd do it again. The XDM was a major improvement. We can argue about the $145 bucks but it did what was advertised. I'd do it again. Both ran flawless on PMC and Freedom Munition's reloads.

BTW, I also put a extended mag release on the XDS. It wasn't knurled, and frankly not worth the $30. Now its smooth and sticks out a little too far. Will either rework it with a file and some fine grit or may put the old release back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom