• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I noticed a lot of people do not clear around their local fire hydrant when it snows. It's not that hard, just do it!

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Good post. You would think more folks with hydrants would do it.

Since most house fires occur in the winter...the math is pretty easy to figure out.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I'm not sure where the closet one is. That is not good. Good post. Got me thinking. As soon as the white walls melt, I'm gonna find it...

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Heard a story one time where a kid built a big snowman over/around a fire hydrant. A bunch of high schoolers thought it would be funny to run down the snowman in their car and well.....

babalooie21204

Aug 13, 2012
    Columbia
    let the houses burn... I'm in the house buying business :) Seriously... if anyone knows of a house that the person wants to sell for cash- I'm your man

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    leaving them covered in the city adds an additional parking space to the block...

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Had to tell folks on my street not to pile snow on top of ours! I had to explain why. I was dumbfounded.

~Last year I dug out the closest hydrant to my house (actually was during snowmegedon I stand corrected). Our hydrant is at the end of the street exactly where it is most easy for the guys pushing the plow to stack deep. If we had a fire tonight we would be in big trouble.

I did notice they put flags on every hydrant an fiberglass rods on each corner of each drain. All was promptly ignored in my neighborhood. Why not have the plow guys plant the markers?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    It's easy to find them, they have yellow snow all around them! :)

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    ~Last year I dug out the closest hydrant to my house (actually was during snowmegedon I stand corrected). Our hydrant is at the end of the street exactly where it is most easy for the guys pushing the plow to stack deep. If we had a fire tonight we would be in big trouble.

I did notice they put flags on every hydrant an fiberglass rods on each corner of each drain. All was promptly ignored in my neighborhood. Why not have the plow guys plant the markers?

Who plows your neighborhood? Municipality or some yokal an HOA pays? Most Local Gov plows I see have more decency than some Private Bubba's.

Either way, snow plowing there can't be much done depending on where the hydrant is and how the snow has to moved out of the way on the roads.

I see people always complaining about snow plow drivers piling up snow on driveways, sidewalks, etc. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that snow has to moved to the side in order to get the road clear. No one says these people aren't allowed to grab a shovel and do work if they see a big pile of cold white shit that makes them hot and bothered.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    There is a hydrant directly across the street from my house. There is usually a different family living there every winter. Usually the people that live there are pretty good at keeping it clear. If not, I clear around it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom