• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    We are hosting a charity shoot, open to the public, shoot all day for $10 a person, $15 for a family. This is a family oriented event, and the minimum doanation to participate all day is lower than most ranges charge for an hour. This is also a very good cause, where guided hunts are provided for some very deserving terminally ill kids. There will be some friendly matches, and plenty of food and fun. This is a private club with decent sized grounds, and about 14 positions at the range with stations for shooting positions, hanguns, and benches with target frames out to 200 yards.

Windsor is a small town south east of York, PA, and only about 20 minutes from the MD line off of I-83, and about 45 minutes from the baltimore Beltway, so the shoot is relatively convienient for MDers.

http://www.windsorfishandgame.org/
    Catch-A-Dream Foundation Shooting Match
    Date: 03/21/2009 “OPEN TO THE PUBLIC”
    1930 Adair Road Windsor, Pa 17366
    Time: 9:00am until 3:00pm
    Donation: $10.00 for the full day per person!
    $15.00 per family (Parent, Spouse, children)
    This event is being held to raise funds for the Catch-A-Dream
    Foundation. Catch-A-Dream is an organization, which donates guided
    hunts for seriously Ill children.
    We will be allowing just about any firearm, no limitations on caliber,
    action, or sight requirements. No full auto!
    This is a fun shoot only! Not a strict competition! The main idea is to
    raise money for kids in need, and to enjoy a day of shooting at targets
    that we normally do not shoot at during normal open shooting.
    We will be setting up metallic silhouette and quite a few other challenging
    targets to test your skills.
    Food and drink will be available on site for lunch at very reasonable
    prices.
    NO Alcohol will be permitted.
    Door prizes will be donated by local gun shops.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Open carry in PA, right? :)

of course, and lots of amish food:yummy:

No pemit is required to open carry on foot, and being my range is private property, it doesn't matter anyway. If you have a permit to carry from any state, you can transport a loaded firearm in a vehicle, if you have a permit from a reciprocal state, or PA, then you can carry however you want, and almost anywhere you want. If you do not have a permit though, you have to transport handguns unloaded and cased while in a vehicle.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    If friendly and informal is the order of the day, I'll probably be there. I'm a pretty bad shot and I have only one gun. :) I'll see if I can drag the wife along too.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Hmm, No caliber restrictions they say..Gives me an idea.

There are a couple people that shoot 50BMGs there regularly, the only real rule is no full auto, but rapid fire is fine. The range is basically in a bowl shaped area, with 10' berms for all positions, then about a 40' ridge all the way across the line at 200 yards, so as long as a round does not go airborne, most anything will stay on the property, there are mostly woods past the ridge, but a couple farms and houses too.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    This is still a go, correct? What do shooters need to bring in terms of targets/target backers, etc? Forgive the silly questions, I'm so used to Continental's setup I'm afraid I'm lost. :)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    This is still a go, correct? What do shooters need to bring in terms of targets/target backers, etc? Forgive the silly questions, I'm so used to Continental's setup I'm afraid I'm lost. :)

They normally have wooden pallets down range for you to staple targets to if you want to shoot paper instead of steel, outside of eyes, ears, guns and ammo, a stapler and some targets would be about it. You can bring your own stand if you want, they normally do not allow jugs of water or clays on the berms, but I don'tknow if they are going to make an exception for this.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    They normally have wooden pallets down range for you to staple targets to if you want to shoot paper instead of steel, outside of eyes, ears, guns and ammo, a stapler and some targets would be about it. You can bring your own stand if you want, they normally do not allow jugs of water or clays on the berms, but I don'tknow if they are going to make an exception for this.

Steel targets eh? Might be fun...:innocent0 Looking forward to going.

Charles Guggenheimer

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 19, 2005
    Seven Valleys PA
    This sounds like fun and a challenge but already have plans for NRA Rifle Instructors school. If I'm available the next one I'd go!!

What exit off I83 just FMI?

If you are in Harford County, it would be better to get to Pylesville Rd (MD 165) which becomes Delta Rd (PA 74) and follow that toward Red Lion and turn right at Windsor Rd.

From I83, Exit 16 will be Queen St (PA 74) going south, but that winds through several towns like Dallastown and Red Lion - with speed limits at only 25mph - and then you would make a left at Windsor Rd.

From Windsor Rd, make a right at the traffic light at PA 624 (which becomes Craley Rd) and then a left at Adair Rd.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

How about birdshot? Much cheaper to shoot, and would allow my wife the opportunity to shoot the shotgun with a slightly smaller fear of "unfathomable recoil."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom