• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    My friend, Col. Richard Kussman is running for the NRA Board of Directors.

I have known Rich for many years and he is a stand up guy!
    He is a real shooter not just one of those stuffed shirt types.

High Master rifle, cross the course, mid range & long range.
    Double Distinguished rifle & pistol.
    Wimbledon Cup winner 2010.
    Past President MSRPA
    Strong Second Amendment advocate!

In addition to that, he has volunteered much of his time coaching & teaching others, including our juniors who are the future of our sport.

I hope you will vote for him!

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Rich was also a past president of the Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association and a remains as active as he can in competitive shooting over at Bridgeville!

As many have said, Rich is a great guy and will be a great addition to the NRA Board of Directors.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I am sure that, since he is local, he would also have a better understanding and perspective on any issues that would help fellow shooters and NRA Members in this State... :thumbsup:

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Good info, and please bump this come Ballot time in a month, as I do take my ballot very seriously!

My questions pertaining to this candidate would be:

1) Is this person a member here (yes it carries weight, but only a little)?
    2) How does this person feel about modern sporting rifles?
    3) How does this person feel about standard capacity magazines?
    4) What does this individual want to do about expanding access to public shooting facilities in the state of Maryland?
    5) How does this person feel about concealed carry in Maryland?
    6) What will this person do as an NRA board member to fight for concealed carry in MD?
    7) What will this person do as an NRA board member to fight stupid legislation in MD?
    8) How does this individual feel about national reciprocity for gun carriers?
    9) What will this individual do to pressure the Senate into NOT taking up any Obama SCOTUS nominees?

I know these are some tough questions, but this is probably the most access we've had to a potential board member in quite some time.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Good info, and please bump this come Ballot time in a month, as I do take my ballot very seriously!

My questions pertaining to this candidate would be:

1) Is this person a member here (yes it carries weight, but only a little)?
    2) How does this person feel about modern sporting rifles?
    3) How does this person feel about standard capacity magazines?
    4) What does this individual want to do about expanding access to public shooting facilities in the state of Maryland?
    5) How does this person feel about concealed carry in Maryland?
    6) What will this person do as an NRA board member to fight for concealed carry in MD?
    7) What will this person do as an NRA board member to fight stupid legislation in MD?
    8) How does this individual feel about national reciprocity for gun carriers?
    9) What will this individual do to pressure the Senate into NOT taking up any Obama SCOTUS nominees?

I know these are some tough questions, but this is probably the most access we've had to a potential board member in quite some time.

To answer some of your questions,
    1. I do not believe he is a member of this forum.
    2 thru 8. Rich is about as pro-gun/ pro 2A as they come! He has been to Annapolis many times to support our rights and has testified on the floor. He understands what we are up against! He is an active competitive shooter. He does not support magazine restrictions. He is pro cc.
    9. I'm not sure what anyone on the board could do individually but, be assured he would want a pro-2A justice to take Scalia's place.

Rich is a retired Colonel U.S. Army.
    Rich recently moved just over the line to Pennsylvania so that he could be closer to the New Holland Range, which has full distance out to 600yds. As a national championship level competitor, being able to shoot full distance is very important. We simply do not have full distance ranges with ready access available here in Maryland. I wish we did!
    Rich has not forgotten and will not forget us! Having an active competitive shooter on the NRA board would be a definite plus for us!

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    To answer some of your questions,
    1. I do not believe he is a member of this forum.
    2 thru 8. Rich is about as pro-gun/ pro 2A as they come! He has been to Annapolis many times to support our rights and has testified on the floor. He understands what we are up against! He is an active competitive shooter. He does not support magazine restrictions. He is pro cc.
    9. I'm not sure what anyone on the board could do individually but, be assured he would want a pro-2A justice to take Scalia's place.

Rich is a retired Colonel U.S. Army.
    Rich recently moved just over the line to Pennsylvania so that he could be closer to the New Holland Range, which has full distance out to 600yds. As a national championship level competitor, being able to shoot full distance is very important. We simply do not have full distance ranges with ready access available here in Maryland. I wish we did!
    Rich has not forgotten and will not forget us! Having an active competitive shooter on the NRA board would be a definite plus for us!

Well, thanks for the input.

I just wanted to ask some really critical questions. If he is putting together a little shooting get together to meet with other NRA members (Lifer here) who vote, I'd love to come up & watch a little 600 yard practice.

I think this has my vote fairly well secured. Please bump this up when we get closer to the ballot.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I hope Rich gets elected to their BOD. Very few of those currently on the BOD have ties to competitive shooting. Years ago Rich was instrumental in coordinating the MD State team shooters going to the nationals at Perry.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I hope Rich gets elected to their BOD. Very few of those currently on the BOD have ties to competitive shooting. Years ago Rich was instrumental in coordinating the MD State team shooters going to the nationals at Perry.

I have shot with Rich on the State Team at the Nationals.:D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Rich worked hard on FSA2013 as President of MSRPA. He was in Annapolis for countless hours and was part of the "core" team. There should be no doubt about his commitment to 2A issues as we would like to see them dealt with.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Rich worked hard on FSA2013 as President of MSRPA. He was in Annapolis for countless hours and was part of the "core" team. There should be no doubt about his commitment to 2A issues as we would like to see them dealt with.

I'm sold. Where's my ballot? 'Nother "NRA Lifer" here.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    In other words send your ballot with ONLY him checked?

Yes, it seems that when you vote for more than one, they only get a percentage of your vote toward the total. Doesn't make sense to me but, I'm informed that is the way it works.

Edit: The more I read this, the more it sounds totally idiotic! I can't for the life of me see why it would work that way!

Last edited:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Yes, it seems that when you vote for more than one, they only get a percentage of your vote toward the total. Doesn't make sense to me but, I'm informed that is the way it works.

Edit: The more I read this, the more it sounds totally idiotic! I can't for the life of me see why it would work that way!

Anywhere that is cited? Sounds Strange.

I don't mind voting only for #3 if it helps.. I'd think #18 deserves a vote too.

What the heck is up with Grover..

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Anywhere that is cited? Sounds Strange.

I don't mind voting only for #3 if it helps.. I'd think #18 deserves a vote too.

What the heck is up with Grover..

I think that was something started on another forum.
    From Article III, section 6 of the NRA bylaws:

..."Each such member shall be entitled to cast a vote for not more than one person for each vacancy on the Board of Directors to be filled by the membership at any election of Directors... ."

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I will vote for the Colonel.

From what I gleaned from the ballot, the top 25 (I think) vote getters win, so if I vote for the Colonel and also vote for others, each other vote may put someone ahead of the Colonel.

Not really a percentage basis, but in a way, I guess it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom