• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Registration starts tonight at 6pm, instructions are herehttps://yorkpistol.blogspot.com/

Met one of the Match directors at last months 3GN match in Thurmont, and being so close I want to try York, but haven't shot there in many years. Reading over the rulebook there are some differences. I run a modified M&P, Mega built AR and JM 930 shotgun. Is there a mag tube limit in any division(3GN only allows 8rd in factory), add-on magwells ok in rifle and pistol?, any capacity limits? 140mm mags OK? looks like 30rd P-mags only. I do have sling setups for both.

Basically what do I have to do to be Tac-limited legal with this?
    20160622_151143.jpg

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    https://yorkpistol.blogspot.com/

Depending on what Class you shoot in......
    I BELIEVE the only rule about Shotguns is only 9 rounds in the gun at the beep. 140 MM Pistol rounds are MAX. The old rules say 30 rounds in Rifle, BUT, I did see a new set that removes Rifle Max? There is a link to the rules on the website listed that show 30 round rifle max, so I would be sure to have 30's.

This match will be full in 15 or 20 minutes MAX! If you want to shoot don't wait to email Howard (Match Director) @ 6:00PM. Per the Link above, anything before 6:00PM is invalid.

Just realized you have the Link.

Last edited:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Thanks. I grabbed a Vortex Strike Eagle on sale, and registered for tac optics, so I'll definitely be there. I'm used to USPSA and IDPA with really strict rules, stage procedures and divisions, somewhat new to 3gun, so no power factor, no handgun "box", and minimal rules for mods is kinda new. I love not being so caught up on restrictive rules and just shooting a stage how I want with whatever I want. Problem is there are a half dozen 3 gun sanctioning bodies, all with slightly different rules, and changes every couple years.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Same Range officer "Commands" as USPSA. Same basic rules except for scoring. 1 "A or B" zone hit or any 2 hits on target. York still has old 3Gun "Square Pizza Box" targets. They have inner and outer circles, any hit OUTSIDE the outer circle is a MISS. depending on the squad you are on, you could be shooting with a sponsored shooter from FNH 3Gun or 3Gun Nation.
    You can load up your gear in your cart at your vehicle. Chamber flags required in Long Guns, NO ammo in any gun until at the Stage. Pre-Load Shotguns after the RO says it's OK. Load Rifle and Pistol at the Make Ready Command. (Just like USPSA)
    Find the "SAFE TABLE" if you need to handle any firearm wile at the match. No ammo or mags at the Safe Table.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Same Range officer "Commands" as USPSA. Same basic rules except for scoring. 1 "A or B" zone hit or any 2 hits on target. York still has old 3Gun "Square Pizza Box" targets. They have inner and outer circles, any hit OUTSIDE the outer circle is a MISS. depending on the squad you are on, you could be shooting with a sponsored shooter from FNH 3Gun or 3Gun Nation.
    You can load up your gear in your cart at your vehicle. Chamber flags required in Long Guns, NO ammo in any gun until at the Stage. Pre-Load Shotguns after the RO says it's OK. Load Rifle and Pistol at the Make Ready Command. (Just like USPSA)
    Find the "SAFE TABLE" if you need to handle any firearm wile at the match. No ammo or mags at the Safe Table.

awesome:thumbsup:
    Do they post an expected round count before the match? I usually bring double the expected ammount, have plenty pistol,rifle and birdshot, but don't have a huge number of slugs, really want to know how many slugs to bring.

Last edited:

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    awesome:thumbsup:
    Do they post an expected round count before the match? I usually bring double the expected ammount, have plenty pistol,rifle and birdshot, but don't have a huge number of slugs, really want to know how many slugs to bring.

It is usually in the 80ish round per firearm. 100 would be high. 200 of each is safe. I almost never shoot more than 100 of any type there. We did have 1 match earlier this year which was lopsided very rifle heavy(lots of fun). I math age gone over 100 rifle rounds on that one. Slugs are rarely over 4/5 so 10 should easily cover.
    Did you catch a rifle and shotgun sling will be required?????

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I shot there years ago when I had two good eyes...:sad20: and it was 3-man, 3-gun set up. There was a "roof" stage where some pitched boards were used and you laid on the roof peak and 20 rd mags were needed, since 30 were long and got in the way. Might want to throw a 20 rounder in your bag. Have fun!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    It is usually in the 80ish round per firearm. 100 would be high. 200 of each is safe. I almost never shoot more than 100 of any type there. We did have 1 match earlier this year which was lopsided very rifle heavy(lots of fun). I math age gone over 100 rifle rounds on that one. Slugs are rarely over 4/5 so 10 should easily cover.
    Did you catch a rifle and shotgun sling will be required?????

Yes, thanks. Usually bring double the posted, will bring a couple hundred of each, just finished a big run of 5.56 and 9mm, have a couple cases of #8 birdshot but only have about 5 or 6 boxes left of slugs. Both long guns have MS4 2/1 point sling setups so should be good. I fear running low or out, got close a couple times, with unexpected round counts or didn't have enough for side matches, it's not a good feeling:o

Running Tac scope/practical depending on FN3G/3GN
    20160705_232322.jpg

I shot there years ago when I had two good eyes...:sad20: and it was 3-man, 3-gun set up. There was a "roof" stage where some pitched boards were used and you laid on the roof peak and 20 rd mags were needed, since 30 were long and got in the way. Might want to throw a 20 rounder in your bag. Have fun!

Urban prone, the new tacticool hotness, no short mag needed:D or just shoot prone offhand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom