• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Going to show tomorrow, I have two choices for vehicle. Would prefer to drive my truck, because it is more comfortable, more secure, and gets better MPG than the Jeep. BUT, what is the parking situation? Can I park a one ton dually, crew cab, full size bed? Or should I take the Jeep? Truck won't fit in most parking spaces, it is too long, and usually tires touch lines. Or is it like a fair grounds with tons of parking?

Also, mainly looking for mags, ammo, and reloading supplies. Is this the "right show" to attend.

Thanks,
    Tom

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Take the jeep. Ever since the expo center sold the second building to Walmart, parking got atrocious. There should be plenty of what you're looking for there.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Take the jeep. Ever since the expo center sold the second building to Walmart, parking got atrocious. There should be plenty of what you're looking for there.

It always cheeses me off when I get there and they have the entire center half of the lot roped off. I make a conscious effort to get there early and the closest I can get is way off to the side and half way down the lot? I call bullsh*t

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Going to show tomorrow, I have two choices for vehicle. Would prefer to drive my truck, because it is more comfortable, more secure, and gets better MPG than the Jeep. BUT, what is the parking situation? Can I park a one ton dually, crew cab, full size bed? Or should I take the Jeep? Truck won't fit in most parking spaces, it is too long, and usually tires touch lines. Or is it like a fair grounds with tons of parking?

Also, mainly looking for mags, ammo, and reloading supplies. Is this the "right show" to attend.

Thanks,
    Tom

Parking is pretty tight, unless you don't mind a walk. There is a Walmart on the other side of the property, their outer lot is usually pretty open, depending on what time you get there.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    especially friday you should be able to find a space for the truck, though it may be down at the end of the walmart lot or even the adjacent hotel, but a 5 minute walk won't kill anyone. now, the walk back with two cases of ammo...

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    oh heck yeah, 28 going to 66 in afternoon rush hour will SUCK. a little better going towards the toll road but that backs up also. def stay til the show closes and spend your time fondling guns and not sitting in traffic.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    This is why I am second guessing Chantilly.. can't go saturday, Sunday things are probably picked over. So that leaves Friday, would like to try to be home, (Westminster) by maybe 8:00, but without traffic, that would mean 6-6:30 leave time.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    While you're there try;

Willard BBQ
    4300 Chantilly Shopping Center #1A, Chantilly, VA 20151

It's the other side of the same parking lot (I think)
    I thought it was very good.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I was down there a few weeks back returning from a business trip and left Dulles around 3:30. Took me around 2 1/2 hours to get home and it wasn't even raining. An hour plus was just getting across the Legion bridge and to the 270 split. I hate driving down there.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Well decided I don't wanna fight the workday traffic and rain, going to drag my daughter's down there tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom