• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I called and spoke to a NFA examiner yesterday regarding 41f and trusts. Sorry guys but its bad news. With each new submission sent in you must include 2 copies of each of the following :
    1. Trust
    2. Fingerprint cards for each responsible person
    3. Form 5020.23 for each responsible person
    4. Photograph of each responsible person.

There is no 2 year rule except for the trust paperwork. If you submitted a item with a copy of your trust, post 41f and you haven't made by changes, you don't have to send it a copy of the trust.

Beat me to it. I found this Q&A on the process:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/07/15/tfb-exclusive-41f-qa-with-the-batfe-nfa-branch/

TFB:

As a follow up, does every trustee/responsible person need to submit photographs and fingerprint cards for every application? (i.e. 10 trustees for one Form 4 = 10 sets of prints and 10 sets of photographs with each application?

ATF NFA BRANCH:

Yes, each responsible person is required to complete ATF Form 5320.23 (National Firearms Act (NFA) Responsible Person Questionnaire), and submit photographs and fingerprints in duplicate each time the trust or legal entity files an application to make an NFA firearm, or is listed as the transferee on an application to transfer an NFA firearm.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Nope. Trust needs fingerprints and photos for each responsible person.
    My bad, I stand corrected... it seemed, from the text of the notes on the app, that this applied to an 'individual maker', but they don't really elaborate on a trust in this case in the instructions that I saw..

Following this thread, as I have two more form1's to submit soon and they will be through my trust. ;)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    With the new provisions, the only reason for a trust is the access by trustees.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I read that piece earlier. It depends on how your trust was written as to how hard it is to remove and add trustees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom