• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Perp was arrested, I do not know when, if he will be released, chances of getting a carry permit?

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Depends, how "Personal" was it? MSP has been playing the "random act of violence" card a lot recently.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Then I would say you have a fairly good chance, but who knows with MSP, especially if he came after you specifically.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I believe you will be granted a permit. Unfortunately I doubt they will rush process it for you. Do you already have the 16 hour training?

Hit me up if you need help.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I believe you will be granted a permit. Unfortunately I doubt they will rush process it for you. Do you already have the 16 hour training?

Hit me up if you need help.

Not aware of specific training, had NRAbasic pistol, self defense pistol, and many others, have a Utah non resident permit.
    Check your mssgs

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    MD has a specific training for requirement for W&C permit. 16 hour course. Call Kronks custom firearms in Taneytown they can probably get you in quickly enough and they're close.
    If possible trunk/truck gun. Needs to be unloaded but mags can be loaded in a seperate part of the vehicle.

Not promoting anything illegal but it might behoove you to decide on whether or not to practice carrying. I recommend carrying around your house for the time being.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    MD has a specific training for requirement for W&C permit. 16 hour course. Call Kronks custom firearms in Taneytown they can probably get you in quickly enough and they're close.
    If possible trunk/truck gun. Needs to be unloaded but mags can be loaded in a seperate part of the vehicle.

Not promoting anything illegal but it might behoove you to decide on whether or not to practice carrying. I recommend carrying around your house for the time being.

As far as the legality of carrying, isn't there something in COMAR about perceived imminent danger. I may go look that up, but if things get real bad there's a chance you could be relatively legal to have a gun on you due to the nature of the threat. It's sad in our state we have to weigh the legal consequences of getting caught (however slim they may be if you're concealing properly), vs the very real physical consequences of a threat that is actively presenting itself on the regular. Seems like an easy choice for me...but meh. In the meantime, I guess you should just have an unloaded gun in an enclosed case or holster and spend a lot of time going to and from formal or informal target practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom