• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Heard About an excellent proposal this evening to allow you to get a permit now!, because of an imminent threat. With 60 days to obtain the required training. Maybe, someday, peace will guide the planets and this will be a law.

Stay safe, friend.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Heard About an excellent proposal this evening to allow you to get a permit now!, because of an imminent threat. With 60 days to obtain the required training. Maybe, someday, peace will guide the planets and this will be a law.

Stay safe, friend.
    Proposal, means not available yet?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Tom,

They are going to let him out. Defend yourself my friend. Reach out to the I.P.'s here that offer MD Carry Permit Training.

Keep an AR in your conveyance when you leave home. Take it to the vehicle when you leave your home and back into the home when you return.

Keep a gun on you at home.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Tom,

They are going to let him out. Defend yourself my friend. Reach out to the I.P.'s here that offer MD Carry Permit Training.

Keep an AR in your conveyance when you leave home. Take it to the vehicle when you leave your home and back into the home when you return.

Keep a gun on you at home.
    Great advice for the time being. A Taser Pulse carried in conjunction with these suggestions may not be a bad idea either as a temporary fill in while waiting on a permit.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    As far as the legality of carrying, isn't there something in COMAR about perceived imminent danger. I may go look that up, but if things get real bad there's a chance you could be relatively legal to have a gun on you due to the nature of the threat. It's sad in our state we have to weigh the legal consequences of getting caught (however slim they may be if you're concealing properly), vs the very real physical consequences of a threat that is actively presenting itself on the regular. Seems like an easy choice for me...but meh. In the meantime, I guess you should just have an unloaded gun in an enclosed case or holster and spend a lot of time going to and from formal or informal target practice.

That last part I 100% agree with. As per the COMAR stuff I'm not 100% sure.
    If you do decide to make a choice I can't support, endorse or suggest (in accordance with forum rules) might I suggest a Mexican proverb?

"Mejor Me Traigas Tabaco En La Carcel, Que Flores Ha El Cemetario"

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There exists in law such a thing as* Expedited Permiting* for cases of imeadate threat at the discreason of MSP. If you were an influencial Politician, or a gov't witness in a major drug trial, it might actually happen. Even with the elusive expedited, the 16hr training is required first.

There is a Bill currently in the House Judicary Committee than would allow an Expedited Permit to be issued first, and have up to 60days to complete the Training . But even if it ( all the steps to passage) , it would take effect Oct 1, 2017.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    My permit was issued for personal protection due to a similar incident as yours. Even if you can take the W&C class tomorrow it is still going to take 3+ months, after you get all your paperwork and application in order and mail it, to receive a permit.

You will need notarized witness statements and any arrest documents you can get on the perp. Do some research on him and include any history of criminal activity or violence about him in your G&S letter. Include any threats made to you by him or anyone else. If you were injured at all take pictures and send them with the application also copies of any medical attention you may have needed. I can see this has a real urgency but don't be too hasty and send in an incomplete application packet. You cannot be overly detailed, send anything that factually pertains to your G&S reason why you need protection from this person.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    This is all within 10 hours, so I doubt he is bailed out yet. I see nothing at all about any required bail.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    If the charges are on case search he most likely will go for a bail review today sometime. It will then give status of his release. ROR, bail, or none. With a first degree assault charge there will most likely be bail set.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    One other thing I guess I need to consider, New year's Eve he physically assualted me, I called police, never persued charges, didn't want to ruin this kid's life, I guess I should go ahead and press charges to show escalated violence?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you are an honorably discharged vet, you are exempt from the training. Sadly MSP has 90 BUSINESS days to propcess your permit app.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    One other thing I guess I need to consider, New year's Eve he physically assualted me, I called police, never persued charges, didn't want to ruin this kid's life, I guess I should go ahead and press charges to show escalated violence?

Agreed, even if this action goes nowhere having more legal documentation on your side is going to be better should things escalate further.

If you have not read the books Deadly Force by Mas Ayoob yet, do so in your spare time. Even reading a book like this can be used as evidence to defend yourself in court should you ever find yourself in such a position.

Hopefully the kid's mom talks some sense into him and he doesn't go full retard.

Also not sure how close you are with guys at work. May want to explain the situation and show them his photo. This way if they see him lurking around you may have more time to react.

It's sad to hear you have to deal with this. I hope nothing more comes of it. If you want a friendly distraction the team is having a high power practice this Sunday 3pm at AGC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom