• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Posting for Maryland Rifle Club, for those on the forum who may be interested.

The Maryland Rifle Club is again sponsoring jointly with the Maryland State Rifle & Pistol Assn. an AR15 Rifle Clinic. The objective of this clinic is to develop proficiency in using the AR15 Service Rifle.

-This clinic is for shooters ( new or inexperienced) who want to learn marksmanship skills with the AR15. It is also for shooters who have some experience with an AR15 but, have not shot competitively. This is not a clinic for teaching intermediate or advanced skills.

-Juniors ( 15-21) ARE ENCOURAGED TO REGISTER. A junior has to be able to safely handle the rifle in the standing position.

-Coaching will be provided by experienced highpower rifle shooters. Coaching on the firing line will be one on one.

-Rifles and ammo will be provided.

The clinic is limited to 15 attendees and always fills up fast. So, don't delay if you are interested!

NOTE: It is highly recommended that you do stretching exercises for several days/weeks prior to the clinic.

Details are:

- A 2 day clinic, Saturday March 17, 2018 & Saturday March 24, 2108 (7:30am - 4:30pm).

- Cost $95 per adult, Juniors (under 21) $55. Preregistration required. Attendance limited to first 15 paid applicants. No refunds less than 21 days before 3/17/2018.

-Send registration fee ( check made to Maryland Rifle Club, Inc.), name, age (if junior), address, phone number, e-mail address, T-shirt size ( you get one for attending the clinic), & club affiliation ( if any) to:

Bill Perry
    842 Chanter Dr.
    Westminster, Md. 21157
    -info: Bill Perry5454@gmail.com

kbuddy

Jun 20, 2008
    Calvert Co.
    If there is a junior interested in attending and is having financial hardship, I would be willing to cover the registration fee. Just send me a PM.

I gave a pistol class once where a 16 year old kid was dropped off to attend. His folks weren’t into shooting and he saved up some money to take the class. Tried to give him a freebie but he insisted on paying for materials and ammo. Anyway, when I see opportunities like this I wonder if a kid is missing out just because they’re young and don’t have the money to spend.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    NOTE: It is highly recommended that you do stretching exercises for several days/weeks prior to the clinic.

^^ This!

I took advantage of this clinic several years ago. It is an excellent program for building the fundamentals of marksmanship. The coaches provide very helpful guidance. I learned quite a bit and came away with a better understanding of shooting a rifle accurately.

Do the stretching thing! I know you're probably thinking "How hard can it be to sit on the ground and hold a rifle? Don't learn the hard way like I did.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    If there is a junior interested in attending and is having financial hardship, I would be willing to cover the registration fee. Just send me a PM.

I gave a pistol class once where a 16 year old kid was dropped off to attend. His folks weren’t into shooting and he saved up some money to take the class. Tried to give him a freebie but he insisted on paying for materials and ammo. Anyway, when I see opportunities like this I wonder if a kid is missing out just because they’re young and don’t have the money to spend.

Thank you very much for your generous offer! If a junior is interested, MRC always does it's best to accommodate them any way reasonably possible.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I am very interested in this training, have a commitment on the first Saturday and trying to get out of it so I could do both days. Would it make any sense to just do the second training?
    Thanks!

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    You should contact Bill and talk to him about the clinic ASAP. I would say that it is best to do both days but, even one day is beneficial. The first day focuses on prone position which will make up 60% of your score during a match. Prone is the easiest position to master for most people. The second day focuses on offhand and sitting rapid position. Offhand is the hardest to master! I like the sitting position because it is just plain fun but, there are some things that everyone needs to learn in order to shoot good scores. Bill's contact info is in the op.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    You should contact Bill and talk to him about the clinic ASAP. I would say that it is best to do both days but, even one day is beneficial. The first day focuses on prone position which will make up 60% of your score during a match. Prone is the easiest position to master for most people. The second day focuses on offhand and sitting rapid position. Offhand is the hardest to master! I like the sitting position because it is just plain fun but, there are some things that everyone needs to learn in order to shoot good scores. Bill's contact info is in the op.

Thank you for the information. I will call him...

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County

I emailed him last night. Haven't heard back yet. Hopefully I will catch it next time Thanks for the information though...

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Great class. Went 3 years in a row and took my young son the last time.

We learned a lot. Sara Merkel was are instructor the last year we went.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Great class. Went 3 years in a row and took my young son the last time.

We learned a lot. Sara Merkel was are instructor the last year we went.

Ah, the famous one! LOL! Last time I coached her, she shot master level offhand and high master the rest of the way through! She was always a pleasure to coach, best of all, she listened to and applied what she was taught.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom