• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Just got one of these, $30 on Amazon, played with it a bit, gotta get it out to the range. I like the options of the aimpoint, and green or red option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200318-182828_Amazon Shopping.jpg
      Screenshot_20200318-182828_Amazon Shopping.jpg
      35.9 KB · Views: 217

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Does it hold a zero?

Does it seem halfway well made?

I had considered one of those cheap reflexes just to try one out but I assumed they were trash at that price point

From taking it out of the box, FEELS sturdy, mostly metallic, (aluminum?) Switches are fairly stiff, (you are not going to accidentally change them) zero? Dunno yet. I'll post up after some range time. Intensity is adjustable, positive on off.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    My buddy has a Dagger Defense which looks to be a re-branded version.

I have used it a few times and it does everything you would expect. It holds zero and makes a dot. Seems like a pretty good deal IMHO.:thumbsup:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    A POS mostly. Just another Chinese brand name on the same old hardware. If you want something like that at least buy a TruGlo. They are made in China also but at least the QC them and make sure the work and the dot is bright enough to use. What those are good for is finding out whether you like shooting with a red dot (or green) without spending a lot of money for something decent. $30 is about the cheapest quality you can find. If you don't shoot it a lot you will likely get a couple of years out of it at least. But if you start shooting it a lot you will be lucky if it lasts a year before it starts to have one of the issues they have. It will last longer on a rimfire. I have a similar reflex type TruGlo, same colors and same reticles that has lasted over 10 years. But I don't use it seriously anymore. I just use it to try things out before I decide to spend the money on a good one. Good professional ones start about $250 and go up to as much as $600. At that price you can put them on something that has the word Magnum or 12 gauge or .30 something in the name.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I have used SightMark reflex sights on a couple of builds and am very happy with them.

Never considered Pinty until I saw one of their lasers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019Q05CNY/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mounted it on my 10.5" AR-9 pistol and must say it seems to be much better quality than I expected. It had mostly good reviews, the adjustments are consistent and have solid clicks to let you feel how far it has moved. I saw one review that rated it as one of the better options available even with the budget price. For the price, definitely worth taking the risk.

If Cindy's is open this weekend, I might get to try it out. This is my first attempt at mounting a laser on one of my guns. The included mounts allow you to connect it to a Picatinny rail or a shotgun barrel and the rail mount is very solid. A few clicks and it seems close to a 50 yard zero and is definitely easier to see than the BUISs. I checked the laser in the daylight and can see it about 50 yards away. At night it is quite impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom