Shotty, check,
    (MSR) would a CZ Scorpion evo be GTG?
    Of course I have ARs, but really like the CZ

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Not sure about the actual rules, but (in unsanctioned matches) PCCs are discouraged because it slows you down as you are waiting longer for the ping .

You assuming that I am good enough that fraction
    of a millisecond would matter!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I suppose it would depend upon local match rules. I just looked at Mid-Atlantic 3 gun rules which is what AGC uses and it looks like the answer would be no. Minimum rifle ammo is 5.45x39.
    If you shoot a Steel Challenge match at AGC, there is a division for PCC's. Tons of fun to shoot too.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Some places yes and some no. Depends on the rules they use. For the big clubs you need to be able to shoot the PCC out to 200 yards, which means hotter ammo, 16" barrels, and a beefier rifle in most cases. Pretty much requires a different kind of PCC than say Steel Challenge. Some pros use 9 lbs. PCCs for 3-gun and some USPSA type matches. That's the same weight as my first 3-gun AR. For a CZ Scorpion I would stick with Steel Challenge and outlaw matches like AGC, Peacemaker Super Steel, York Fun Matches, and PA Steel League.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    At this point, we (AGC) do not really care if you want to use your PCC for 3 gun, but not sure why you would want to. That said, if we ever get back to playing these games, many of our matches will have rifle targets out to 200 yards and may prove to be quite challenging with 9mm. If I were you, I would use my AR15 for 3 Gun and save the PCC for our "Outlaw" Steel Challenge matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom