• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    8 Minutes.

Walk into Bedford PA courthouse building, go to door marked “Sheriff”, hand girl behind the counter a 1-page CCW application and $20, have picture taken, receive CCW card, walk out. Start to finish, 8 minutes........ good for 5 years. God bless them...

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Well, in her defense she was multitasking and helping another person at the same time. :)

Captain Waggles

Jul 11, 2018
    Dundalk, MD
    8 Minutes.

Walk into Bedford PA courthouse building, go to door marked “Sheriff”, hand girl behind the counter a 1-page CCW application and $20, have picture taken, receive CCW card, walk out. Start to finish, 8 minutes........ good for 5 years. God bless them...

Yeah yeah rub it in for us Marylanders. A coworker of mine did that also as soon as he moved to Littlestown and got his PA drivers license. Just walked into his local sheriff's office and walked out with a CC for self defense. If only it was just as easy for us less unfortunate

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I live in Maryland...... just stating how easy things are in other states and how they should be here.

Last edited:

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Sent my renewal stuff to York about two weeks ago, they cashed the check but I havent heard back from them yet.
    TD

Spektek

MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2020
    Baltimore & GB
    Sent my renewal stuff to York about two weeks ago, they cashed the check but I havent heard back from them yet.
    TD

Give them a total of 30 days. Unfortunately everything I've seen Yorks courts and sheriffs office handle a whole lot more volume than what they are staffed to do. Their population in the area has boomed in the past 20 years. Let alone the past 10 years.

Back in 2011 my first process with them was pretty speedy. No where near 8 minutes but still I didn't mind the wait. Once my Application was filled out, check cashed and once they approved it, I went in, signed some papers , gave them a few other things
    And was out in my car with my permit in hand all in less than 45 minutes.

Quick note: They will cash your check no matter what even if they end up denying your permit. As it covers paperwork/application cost/employee time used to process it.

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    I can confirm the Bedford Sheriffs office is quick. My CCW took 5 minutes yesterday. I had prefilled the document, had my ID and 20 bucks CASH in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom