• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009

Panther

Jan 22, 2017
    Lanham
    I know I don’t post often but I had been following this with high hopes. From what I read, other than Thomas and Kavanaugh, the other justices we unsure where Roberts would fall on the issue. And rather than hear out the cases and make the Right decision, they folded on our rights like a cheap card table. This saddens me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Another case will make it to them and we will go through this again. Seeing the anarchy in the streets, it is their best/safest choice.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Another case will make it to them and we will go through this again. Seeing the anarchy in the streets, it is their best/safest choice.

I think it's completely related to timing. NYSRPA would have been resolved four months prior to the election, it would have been able to be so focused that only NYC was affected and forgotten by October. A grant this month would have driven political "Who do you want deciding Malpasso/Mance/Pena? His Justices? No way! Vote for ____" advertising and brought the Court into the political limelight vs remaining objective.

Now, with rioting in the streets, panic buying, etc? Taking a 2A case today would be the equivalent of jumping into a phone booth full of rattlesnakes on live TV. Everyone would be paying attention and the candidates would rush to the scene for free air time.

Instead, I bet we see something after the inauguration to be heard in the Oct 2021 term. Any minor cases in the pipeline that Roberts could stick his toe in to test the waters?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It's just as well that they denied cert for everything. Roberts is totally untrustworthy, and would sell out whomever he was told to sell by his puppet masters.

If Trump gets re-elected, he'll deal with the composition of the SCOTUS, Roberts will be free to vote in whatever direction the wind blows him. If Trump loses, we're screwed anyway.

I wonder which way WA and OR will go in the upcoming elections? Will a majority vote against Rule by Rioters?

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can comment here, but my suspicions are that the best hope for a SCOTUS decision now hinges on a Trump re-election and subsequent filling RBG's seat in 2022 when she turns 90 and voluntarily retires. Of course that's a major speculation on three issues (election, judge retirement, and new favorable judge instatement). That also means a case wouldn't come before 2023.

Of course a lot could change, but I'm thinking the new few years will need to be fought in lower courts.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I think it's completely related to timing. NYSRPA would have been resolved four months prior to the election, it would have been able to be so focused that only NYC was affected and forgotten by October. A grant this month would have driven political "Who do you want deciding Malpasso/Mance/Pena? His Justices? No way! Vote for ____" advertising and brought the Court into the political limelight vs remaining objective.

Now, with rioting in the streets, panic buying, etc? Taking a 2A case today would be the equivalent of jumping into a phone booth full of rattlesnakes on live TV. Everyone would be paying attention and the candidates would rush to the scene for free air time.

Instead, I bet we see something after the inauguration to be heard in the Oct 2021 term. Any minor cases in the pipeline that Roberts could stick his toe in to test the waters?

Rather than kill the cases, could the Court continue to relist them?

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019

This group of 10 cases is done at SCOTUS and won't be able to come back after a cert denial. Had they just kept being relisted or been held, they could have been brought in for cert at a later date.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Question is do the gun rights orgs try to send more public carry cases back through CA2,3, and 4 in the hopes Ginsburg leaves the court one way or another and is replaced by Trump?

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Question is do the gun rights orgs try to send more public carry cases back through CA2,3, and 4 in the hopes Ginsburg leaves the court one way or another and is replaced by Trump?

To not try is to give up entirely. The fight must continue.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    This just proves that Donald Trump needs to be re-elected. He has a proven track record of nominating and getting confirmed conservative justices to the US Supreme Court along with nominating and getting confirmed judges to the various federal benches throughout the country. You never know who is going to take the next dirt nap. It could be a conservative or it could be a liberal, fingers crossed. Over the next 4 years Trump could nominate two more conservatives. Wouldn't that be a great legacy?

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County

The court tries to finish all business by the end of each term but they do set their own rules. Relisting all the way to a third term would be a bridge too far, parties deserve expeditious disposition of their cases for better or worse.

777GSOTB

Mar 23, 2014
    Some one needs to find out the actual reason cases area being denied from some one inside the building.

That's an easy one. Notice that since the 2008 Heller case, there hasn't been not one open carry case without a license brought to the court...There's your answer, because licensed concealed carry isn't protected under the 2nd Amendment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom