HQL denied to to Medical Marijuana Card?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Cool story - defense attorneys try to do that during any criminal defense. Can you "point" to how many times you've actually done these tests as an officer and gone to court?
    None; I did not work in that capacity and me is not the point.

The point is that if things are subjective there is wiggle room. With BAC it is more objective.

Even with objective, depending on things, there is still wiggle room.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Share your ACTUAL EXPERIENCES/FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE of these events. Not from some documentary, not from some forum, not your buddy's cousin's boo, actual first hand knowledge as in - You've witnessed it and have no doubts.

I'm not saying it's never happened, couldn't happen, doesn't happen - I'm just f#@king tired of people throwing a bunch of sh!t at the wall in lengthy posts claiming events as widespread facts. If you're going to claim it - share it.
    It has to be my actual first hand experience? It can’t be repeated reports of it including dismissals, charges and convictions against officers? Pretty much the entire Baltimore gun trace task force?

It takes very little searching to find dozens of cases of cops convicted for it. Searching on cases dismissed for police planting evidence (or at least a strong enough suspicion of it that the judge tosses the case) is hard to do only because there are so many instances.

I don’t claim it’s most cases. But it is many (many being more than a rare case every few years).

As for getting guys for lesser charges that is very common.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    One of the consequences of decriminalization is that people who would have had to make a hard choice of rehab or jail, and would have a chance to get out of that cycle, don't have to make that that hard choice. I've heard this from the old Sac Co Sheriff and numerous officers. They were not talking about increasing prison numbers but rather getting someone to change the poor direction of their life. I suppose this "gigging" to turn a junkie's life around is a bad thing?

So now CA has likely 100K plus feral junkies running free range, stealing, robbing, etc., without consequence making life shitty for the rest.

That said, CA voted for this stupidity and that says something about democracy vs republic.

A LEO can pull you over while driving down the road and, if you are drunk, has the tools to gather the evidence to show you F'd up. Those tools are not in place yet for weed. Accordingly, with today's everyone is racist climate, I understand why CA cops are hesitant on stops without the tools. That said I'll wager more than 50% of this board has been behind some jackass or jackasses driving like GTA with a trail of weed smoke behind. Anyone who thinks that this is good is nuts.
    That sounds like an excuse. If you fail a field sobriety test, officers have the ability to arrest you and take you in for blood work in most (all?) states. Sure, you might be under the influence but not so impaired by drugs as to fail a field sobriety test and then cops can’t really do anything at that point, where as with alcohol they could run a breathalyzer.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    No, it's an actual question. The answer to which, when tangled up with your assertion that the bible says "no work, no food," would make for some interesting theological disentanglement. Do you have some insight beyond that lazy response? You're quick on the chapter/verse citations, so I'm assuming you've got a solid reconciliation between the free food vs the worked-for food thing.
    *edit* sorry Norton. I just saw your post. I’ll lay off on the religion.

Last edited:

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    That sounds like an excuse. If you fail a field sobriety test, officers have the ability to arrest you and take you in for blood work in most (all?) states. Sure, you might be under the influence but not so impaired by drugs as to fail a field sobriety test and then cops can’t really do anything at that point, where as with alcohol they could run a breathalyzer.
    Excuse; excuse for what? I'll let that pass.

Egads, arrest is one thing.
    Conviction is another and that's what I've been talking about from the beginning.

Peace, I need to cook up some ravioli!

We can argue any time! :)

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Excuse; excuse for what? I'll let that pass.

Egads, arrest is one thing.
    Conviction is another and that's what I've been talking about from the beginning.

Peace, I need to cook up some ravioli!

We can argue any time! :)
    I meant on an officers part.

There are DUI convictions all the time for driving under the influence of drugs. Washington state after they found issues with it trained a bunch of officers to be drug recognition experts (2 week training course). At least from their reports and some others I’ve seen they’ve had good success on both identifying drivers impaired by drugs and driving as well as good conviction rates.

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    The ironic part of all this is that, as this thread unfolds, a majority of the pos that qualify for the MD Gen’l Assembly nowadays are smokin’ cannabis laced with some real killer sh*t and likely snorting even better.

And MD being a DemonRat run cesspool it is, every one of them either already has a concealed carry permit or would get one in 24-hours.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    20220804_195524.jpg

I'll call this masterpiece, with respect, Lazerus.
    If this chit won't get a rise from the dead in your appetite, you must be dead fo sho!

Peace!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'll call this masterpiece, with respect, Lazerus.
    If this chit won't get a rise from the dead in your appetite, you must be dead fo sho!

Peace!
    Not only that, I think I can see at least three apostles in those meatballs. It's a sign from St. Clarence of Thomas, a goodly portent indeed.

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    My HQL was denied today for charges from 2007 poss/distribution of marijuana I was contacted by MDSP an I got expungement a 1hr later btw the drugs was planted on me by FABIEN LARONDE …BCPD officer who has now been fired!

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Not only that, I think I can see at least three apostles in those meatballs. It's a sign from St. Clarence of Thomas, a goodly portent indeed.
    I aimed for 30-06's or 308's or maybe .556 for all meatballs, but I roll my own, and, well, that's why I don't reload.

If you look close, you may find St. Benitez in there also.

If you keep looking long enough you may find a young freckled redhead hottie smiling at you.

Peace!

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    My HQL was denied today for charges from 2007 poss/distribution of marijuana I was contacted by MDSP an I got expungement a 1hr later btw the drugs was planted on me by FABIEN LARONDE …BCPD officer who has now been fired!
    Did you tell the truth on the application?

You are supposed to answer “Yes” to the questions about arrests, charges, convictions and probation.

If expunged, say so AFTER admitting to the true history.

That’s how you get approved AFTER expungement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom