HQL denied to to Medical Marijuana Card?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    You don't need to refer to or give information concerning an expunged charge when applying and refusal by a person to disclose said information cannot be the sole reason for denial for a permit. If you had the charge expunged before you applied I would contact a lawyer and appeal. It is a violation of Maryland Code. If you got it after then reapply.
    Please tell that to MSP.

The most common reason for disapproval- making false statements on the application.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    100% informative, you haven't been reading this thread past ten pages.
    The last ten pages happened because there was nothing left to talk about when it comes to simple matter at hand, which was covered repeatedly as the topic opened. If you're concerned that threads on this forum go into irrelevant territory once the actual subject has been plainly talked through, that's just something you're going to have to get used to. It's a forum culture thing. It would be weird if it didn't happen.

Nosce Hostem

MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2016
    Northern Balt. County, MD
    Please tell that to MSP.

The most common reason for disapproval- making false statements on the application.

Yea I know they do, but it is literally illegal for them to deny per the Maryland Law.

Only way to get them to change their ways is to get a lawyer and have their hands slapped, but then again many people cant afford that hence why they continue to get away with it. Guessing the AG will never enforce the part where any state employee who violates the code willingly could be charged with a misdemeanor and subject to removal/dismissal.

Also not a false statement if you dont legally have to make the statement in the first place.

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    The last ten pages happened because there was nothing left to talk about when it comes to simple matter at hand, which was covered repeatedly as the topic opened. If you're concerned that threads on this forum go into irrelevant territory once the actual subject has been plainly talked through, that's just something you're going to have to get used to. It's a forum culture thing. It would be weird if it didn't happen.
    A mod had to say stop talking about religion on this very thread. It is a problem and I'm not sure that thread devolution, bickering and arguing about non relevant things is good for the forum as a whole. But people do what they want. Most of the internet is waste or misinformation. People post without filters from their face hole to your eyes.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    A mod had to say stop talking about religion on this very thread. It is a problem and I'm not sure that thread devolution, bickering and arguing about non relevant things is good for the forum as a whole. But people do what they want. Most of the internet is waste or misinformation. People post without filters from their face hole to your eyes.
    I didn't say it was always (or even usually) constructive. I'm pointing out that the thread would only be a couple of comments long if it didn't turn into the usual jawboning. Because it only takes one or a couple of comments to convey the entirety of this particular very simple topic. Of course it went sideways! It ran its useful course in about five minutes.

King Chicken

MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    I didn't say it was always (or even usually) constructive. I'm pointing out that the thread would only be a couple of comments long if it didn't turn into the usual jawboning. Because it only takes one or a couple of comments to convey the entirety of this particular very simple topic. Of course it went sideways! It ran its useful course in about five minutes.
    Makes finding information on here pain staining work. But it's more of a social media site like facebook and not really a reliable information source, of course. It's an online forum.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Makes finding information on here pain staining work. But it's more of a social media site like facebook and not really a reliable information source, of course. It's an online forum.
    Actually, this site is one of the richest sources of detailed information about shooting, guns, the 2A and everything culturally, legally, historically, and otherwise related on the entire internet. Topics are generally addressed right out of the gate in exhaustive detail, and there's simply no need to go down the rabbit hole(s) that come along later. Some threads are only useful BECAUSE they continue to see additions over time (like those tracking a piece of legislation or the new permit rush, etc).

Yes, it's a social media site of sorts. But it's an invaluable resource, and with the new software, the search functionality is better than it had been.

King Chicken

MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Actually, this site is one of the richest sources of detailed information about shooting, guns, the 2A and everything culturally, legally, historically, and otherwise related on the entire internet. Topics are generally addressed right out of the gate in exhaustive detail, and there's simply no need to go down the rabbit hole(s) that come along later. Some threads are only useful BECAUSE they continue to see additions over time (like those tracking a piece of legislation or the new permit rush, etc).

Yes, it's a social media site of sorts. But it's an invaluable resource, and with the new software, the search functionality is better than it had been.
    I've used it a ton for info but have found the members to the most useful. Wide breadth of knowledge.
    Maybe I'm just a sour puss cuz my search function has never worked on Google chrome Android. Not ever. :/

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I've used it a ton for info but have found the members to the most useful. Wide breadth of knowledge.
    Maybe I'm just a sour puss cuz my search function has never worked on Google chrome Android. Not ever. :/
    Do you mean that you put a phrase in the search box and hit "Search" and literally nothing happens? Like, right now, this minute, when you try that?

King Chicken

MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Do you mean that you put a phrase in the search box and hit "Search" and literally nothing happens? Like, right now, this minute, when you try that?
    No, when I search it will show search results. Shows results weird...same comments over and over. Then if I click it says error! Oops something we t wrong cannot access blah blah. Can't use it on my phone. It's terrible.
    Firefox no problem, but I don't really use Firefox.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Well before FB and such forums have always been prone to things you describe. Whether it is a baking forum, car forum, or electronics forum. pissing and moaning about something that probably will never change is unproductive. The mods could lock down threads like this then someone will piss an moan about the totalitarian mods. I moderated a forum like this for 10 years and mods never can win. If too strict people cry if too lax people cry.

King Chicken

MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Well before FB and such forums have always been prone to things you describe. Whether it is a baking forum, car forum, or electronics forum. pissing and moaning about something that probably will never change is unproductive. The mods could lock down threads like this then someone will piss an moan about the totalitarian mods. I moderated a forum like this for 10 years and mods never can win. If too strict people cry if too lax people cry.
    I totally agree. I don't blame the mods at all. A mostly off hands approach is best, as they do here.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I totally agree. I don't blame the mods at all. A mostly off hands approach is best, as they do here.
    As long as it remains civil and does not get too far into the weeds i would moderate it the same way. But if one of the mods stepped in and locked it I wouldn't be upset either, the thread more or less has run its course.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    MDS Value for information on:

Firearms and Shooting: 99.5%

Maryland Firearms Laws: 98.6%

National Firearms Laws: 98.5%

Social and Societal Trends: 91.2%

Jocularity and Silliness: 101.1%

Antimony: 3.0%
    I bet you devoted at least two weeks of effort toward putting this together.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    MDS Value for information on:

Firearms and Shooting: 99.5%

Maryland Firearms Laws: 98.6%

National Firearms Laws: 98.5%

Social and Societal Trends: 91.2%

Jocularity and Silliness: 101.1%

Antimony: 3.0%
    On your last, is that by volume, or weight? Or are you adding 3% antimony to a pound of thread?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    As long as it remains civil and does not get too far into the weeds i would moderate it the same way. But if one of the mods stepped in and locked it I wouldn't be upset either, the thread more or less has run its course.
    I THOUGHT THIS THREAD WAS DEDICATED TO TALKING ABOUT WEEDS!

Dang it. I just don't understand this place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom