• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    transfer fees

Buy from your local gun shop. A lower would have to go through a MD FFL anyway,

and with transfer fees, you will probably pay more doing a transfer, unless you get a higher end lower not sold at most local ISP. I like CMTTac but no one around here sells. Same with some Raniers. CMTTac is around $190 or more.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    No! Do NOT do this!

It won't fall on deaf lefty ears, it will fall on the ears of people who are looking for every possible angle to make this WORSE. Filling them in on the details just gives them a more target-rich environment. Do not make things worse. Just shop with companies that want your business (there are plenty) and otherwise just grin and bear it with regard to how much the recent panic buying has cleaned things out. It's happened before, and it will happen again.

So, you are advocating that folks stop participating in the legislative process? If that is the logic, I guess my role as the Chair and Lobbyist for the MSRPA is fruitless.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I just discovered it is no longer possible to order ammunition from Academy Sporting Goods on their web site. There goes my source for cheap(ish) 9x18 Mak...

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So, you are advocating that folks stop participating in the legislative process? If that is the logic, I guess my role as the Chair and Lobbyist for the MSRPA is fruitless.

No, I'm not saying that (or, you know, I'd have said that in plain language). I'm saying that informing the far-left gun-grabbing liberals who completely own the General Assembly and who have dedicated themselves to stripping away your rights - about the details surrounding some vendors' refusal to ship to Maryland is the opposite of helpful.

You can't possibly have meant what you said, suggesting that those same people who hate you and your gun owning ways might show an interest in making it easier for out of state vendors to ship gun-related stuff to you in Maryland.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    can this be used for a lawsuit stating that it indeed does impede the right to own firearms, even legal in the State's eyes?

unfortunately, Cali ruined it for everyone when they sued online retailers and won. (ironically they sued over regular capacity magazines which the 9th circuit just ruled as legal)

now, online mfrs are leery about shipping potentially illegal things to states with retarded gun laws.

blame Cali and the MD lunacy

blueharford

May 6, 2020
    Harford County, MD
    I think the problem is a complete lower. I know a few local shops have stripped lowers, but one of the guys at a local store is trying to build up one of the lowers to a complete gun and he is saying he can’t even find a decent lower parts kit in stock anywhere...

Palmetto canceled my complete lower to my FFL, they said that by law they cannot ship complete lowers to MD only stripped lowers

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    My last 2 complete PSA lowers came from the Gun Shop in Essex... it's been a while.

glueru

Lead em to bleed em
    Aug 18, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    I’m sympathetic to these business people, but if we can force bakers to bake gay wedding cakes, I don’t see how people have the option of not selling legal products to Marylanders.

the gay couple had liberal lawyers jumping all over to try that case for free to stick it to the poor baker that had real values. That doesn't exist for 2nd Amendment nor will the NRA stop their frivolous vacations at members expense to even consider it.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I just discovered it is no longer possible to order ammunition from Academy Sporting Goods on their web site. There goes my source for cheap(ish) 9x18 Mak...

Yup- they were my go to for ammo as well. Free shipping over 25 always crushed the rest of the goof balls like sgammo or palmetto trying to charge 12-16 dollars to ship ammo.

They making midway look good lol

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Yup- they were my go to for ammo as well. Free shipping over 25 always crushed the rest of the goof balls like sgammo or palmetto trying to charge 12-16 dollars to ship ammo.

They making midway look good lol

Hmmm... I'll have to investigate them for ammo. Their sales on ancillary stuff have always been too tempting.

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    Several years ago PSA jerked me around for weeks over an M&P 10. I was a routine customer up until that point and then went many years before I bought so much as a peanut from them.

I did purchase a few VA-15 lowers in support of VCDL back in January 2020, PSA had no issue shipping to my FFL.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Boyds won't sell thumbhole stocks to Maryland. Screw them I won't buy anymore stocks from them.

I'm fitting a Boyd's Thumb-hole stock to a m700.
    The guy that bought it lives in Talbot county.

I heard the same thing, they wouldn't sell to MD but maybe they changed their tune?

It was shipped about two-weeks ago.
    I was surprised the action mortise was actually straight with the barrel channel so maybe they're getting better.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I have had several experiences recently where companies won’t ship legal products to Maryland.

(1) Palmetto State Armory held onto my money for two months before they decided they weren’t going to ship an H-BAR 300 Blackout AR-15 to my FFL.

(2) At the same time, Palmetto canceled an order for an AR-15 lower.

(3) Optics Planet won’t ship ammunition of any kind to Maryland.

(4) Vendors won’t ship <10 round magazines to Maryland, even though they’re legal.

Companies aren't punishing Marylanders, MARYLAND is. Place blame where it belongs. Few states have laws as fluid and screwed up as it does

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom