• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontallo

Crotchety Old Guy Who Owns Too Many Guns
    Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    Are person-to-person ammo sales legal in MD? How about mailing ammo?
    I have about a thousand rounds of ammo I'd like to sell. I live in Annapolis and I heard that it's not legal in the city.

Also, where is a good forum to sell it. The ARFCOM site for MD seems dead. I can't sell anything here until I make a few more posts.

Thanks for the advice.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You can sell ftf.
    I'm not sure about non licensed dealer shipping. I know FedEx ships ammo and maybe Brown. You have to tell them it's ammo.
    50 posts to sell here. Avoid one word posts and the like. Frowned upon and usually leads to erasures by mods.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I have about a thousand rounds of ammo I'd like to sell. I live in Annapolis and I heard that it's not legal in the city.

Also, where is a good forum to sell it. The ARFCOM site for MD seems dead. I can't sell anything here until I make a few more posts.

Thanks for the advice.

Maybe sure the buyer is 18+ for rifle and shotgun and 21+ for pistol calibers.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Thanks for the advice.

You're on this forum. While waiting for 50 posts, explore it and you'll learn a lot.......about all the basics like guns and ammo in Maryland

dontallo

Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    You can sell ftf.
    I'm not sure about non licensed dealer shipping. I know FedEx ships ammo and maybe Brown. You have to tell them it's ammo.
    50 posts to sell here. Avoid one word posts and the like. Frowned upon and usually leads to erasures by mods.

Yep. I'm only at 9. I am not a forum chatter, so it will take me years to get to 50+.

Shipping by common carrier (UPS, FedEx) is allowed by Federal law. You just need to mark the package as ORM-D and declare the contents. Any restriction beyond that would be state or municipal.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yep. I'm only at 9. I am not a forum chatter, so it will take me years to get to 50+.

Shipping by common carrier (UPS, FedEx) is allowed by Federal law. You just need to mark the package as ORM-D and declare the contents. Any restriction beyond that would be state or municipal.
    Now you're at 10. See how easy that was? :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You also have to ship from a depot, not a store.

I have shipped ammo without any issues.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    So I ask myself, why a person who's location is Jersey want to sell ammo in MD? Seems to me you could move it there unless its illegal to do so.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    So I ask myself, why a person who's location is Jersey want to sell ammo in MD? Seems to me you could move it there unless its illegal to do so.

He stated in the OP he's in Annapolis.
    He joined 7 months ago, which is probably when he put in his location.

Logical assumption is he joined MDS when he started making plans to move to MD and he never updated his location.

ETA: Annd here you go. 17 Feb. https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5790654&postcount=1

Not sure why you're concerned anyway... Why would you have a problem with someone in another state wanting to sell ammo? Its either legal here or it isn't, and afaik unless he sells to someone underage or is selling reloads as a business it is legal.

dontallo

Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    Yep. I relocated from the fire to the frying pan. I am a resident of Annapolis now.

Your AR laws are worse than NJ and I have serious issues with registration. But on the whole, I think MD is a better 2A state than NJ, especially after Herr Murphy gets done with his agenda next year.

I sold my wife's .380acp because she couldn't shoot it without stove-piping every 3rd round. She has a limp grasp that I cold not get her to correct. I also sold my .30-06 because I can't see that far through a scope anymore and was never shooting it. So, I would like to get rid of the ammo I had for those 2 guns. Nothing more convoluted than that.

Getting the post count up. LOL.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Yep. I relocated from the fire to the frying pan. I am a resident of Annapolis now.

Your AR laws are worse than NJ and I have serious issues with registration. But on the whole, I think MD is a better 2A state than NJ, especially after Herr Murphy gets done with his agenda next year.

I sold my wife's .380acp because she couldn't shoot it without stove-piping every 3rd round. She has a limp grasp that I cold not get her to correct. I also sold my .30-06 because I can't see that far through a scope anymore and was never shooting it. So, I would like to get rid of the ammo I had for those 2 guns. Nothing more convoluted than that.

Getting the post count up. LOL.

You from Jersey?.... What Exit?
    Grew up there myself :) Right between NJTP 8A and 9

Welcome aboard! If you have .380 someone will snatch it up

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

Logical assumption is he joined MDS when he started making plans to move to MD and he never updated his location.

ETA: Annd here you go. 17 Feb. https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5790654&postcount=1

Not sure why you're concerned anyway... Why would you have a problem with someone in another state wanting to sell ammo? Its either legal here or it isn't, and afaik unless he sells to someone underage or is selling reloads as a business it is legal.

So I missed the Annapolis part. My bad.
    Personally I don't give a flying f what he does or you think. I was simply thinking out loud.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N

Thanks for the advice.

You live in Annapolis! But your member info says NJ!
    Are you Chris Christie and just trying to win us over.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD

Yup. There are a lot of busy bodies on this site. Before this, were these people staring out the blinds, commenting on their neighbors’ comings and going’s, while wearing a house at, fuzzy slippers and hair curlers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    So I missed the Annapolis part. My bad.
    Personally I don't give a flying f what he does or you think. I was simply thinking out loud.

It was a question, not an accusation. I said 'why are you concerned?' If I were being an ass I would have said 'why does it concern you?'

And you clearly do care. Seems like it hit a nerve. :lol2:

PS: when you think out loud, you assume the risk of receiving an answer. ;)

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    OP, see how some of us get our past count so high...?

Good luck selling, I'm sure someone here will PM you about it. Unfortunately I don't need 380 and my 30-06 needs are M1 specific so most commercial food won't work.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    OP, see how some of us get our past count so high...?

Good luck selling, I'm sure someone here will PM you about it. Unfortunately I don't need 380 and my 30-06 needs are M1 specific so most commercial food won't work.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Already taken care of. ;)

dontallo

Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    Next thing I have to sell is the scope from my 30-06. I will never shoot 500+ yards again. Eyes suck. Shake too much. Getting old sucks.

Does anyone know a fair markdown for used scopes in excellent condition? IIRCC, I think I paid around $1,800 for the scope and rings.
    Thoughts?

LOL. Just getting my post count up so I can sell. LOL.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Next thing I have to sell is the scope from my 30-06. I will never shoot 500+ yards again. Eyes suck. Shake too much. Getting old sucks.

Does anyone know a fair markdown for used scopes in excellent condition? IIRCC, I think I paid around $1,800 for the scope and rings.
    Thoughts?

LOL. Just getting my post count up so I can sell. LOL.

More PM's are probably already inbound. At this rate everything you want to sell will already be gone by the time you hit 50 posts. :D

BTW, a few months late, but welcome to the madhouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom