• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I was thinking about my 870....I was gonna sell it, but now I want to add some shell holder and other cool 870 stuff on it. Before I get there I want to protect it from rust.

What paint shall I use that will be pretty much permanent and will protect the remmy?

the Javid

Part time baby killer
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bowie
    FAB defense makes it. It reduces recoil for when you need to use slugs. The only issue with the weapon set up is it weighs 12 1/2 pounds. It's only for home defense so it's not like I'm carrying it on a road march, but if I practice with it some the weight shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    My question is about the barrell? I have a remengtion factory PD barrell that when I measure it by its self is 18 1/8 inches long. If I put it one the gun it measures 17 3/4. Is that a legal barrell or is it to short?

PS your shotgun is awesome!!

the Javid

Part time baby killer
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bowie
    Mine? It's ok. I tried to get one of those fancy compensated barrels but it turned out that the peice that encircles the mag tube was too far from the end of the barrel. If I shot it like that I am afraid the barrel would come out of the receiver. So now it is compensated by the weight of the rail. :p

IrishWhiskey

Nov 28, 2012
    I have an Remington 870 Magnum 20ga and CAN'T find a dang 18.5 in barrel that isn't rifled! I am wanting to turn this shotgun into a HD gun, but keep the long barrel as a spare. Any suggestions?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    What is that, Air Force camo?

How exactly do you intend to operate the light?

I have a remote switch for that light, didn't really like it, the cord was easily tangled being it couldn't be mounted as snug on a pump as it could be with a fixed forend. The shurefire forends are nice, but too expensive for this project. I can easily reach and work the tailswitch the way it is mounted, just basically turn it on and off with the side of my index finger on the grip, just as easy as the cord mounted switch I run on my AR.

Looks like Navy camo :)

:thumbsup: camo stencils I had, and used colors from a similar Navy pattern in 2 part epoxy paint, for no other reason than it looked cool, and I like blue grey and black better than greens and browns. The pics don't show tone all that well, I mixed a little blue into the 2 grey colors.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Very nice, did you paint it yourself ?

Yes, thought it would be a good idea to peel up some borders of the pattern to soften edges, hard to see in most pics, but I wish I would have left good enough alone. I've done solid colors in duracoat and alumahyde mostly, but used to do some paintwork on cars when I was in the shop, I wasn't a body guy, but for some jobs like hinges, mirrors, or equipment work you have to paint parts to match and blend, still have some paint guns, and a small gravity feed detail gun I used for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom