Midway blemished bullet sale, get them while you can.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    the descriptions only show price, type and weight, but the pictures are accurate, and tell what brand and type they really are by maching them up.

So far I have probably bought upwards of 5,000 of their "bemished" bullets in the past, and have found less than a dozen bullets in 2 boxes that were actually blemished, in their case, light discoloration probably from water getting in the box. All of the rest weight, measure, and shot just fine.

Lots of hard to find bullets included, and these sales only come around every few months at most, unfortunately for this go around, I am broke, partially from an order a couple weeks ago for a few thousand full priced bullets:o.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Promotion/?promotionid=271126&eblastid=42020103&custnum=100612193&utm_source=bigimage&utm_medium=special42020103

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    it only allow you to buy 5 packs at a time, wtf?

I cant add anymore than 5, when i try 10, it reverts to 5.

longshot1911

Jan 17, 2010
    They do that to ensure everyone gets a shot. Otherwise, one guy comes along, buys the whole lot. Painful, I know, but a compromise to please a larger customer base. Same thing with primers. You can only buy 5 cases of a type at a time.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    1200 bullets ordered :D

500 115 grain FMJ in 9mm, and 500 HP in 9mm of the same grain. Also ordered 200 Hornady Flex tip bullets in .357.

Last edited:

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    ha....and here i was just discussing the 208 amax as a possibility for handloading fun in my .308 :D

snagged 100 of those and 100 7mm 162's for my 7Shamwow. Have been wanting to try both for a while now, might as well take advantage of the sale. :)

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    yeah i saw it earlier and bought 300 rnds of .45 and 300 rnds of .223, plus while i am at it .45 dies and a rcbs swager kit

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Years ago I purchased 5K of blemished 5.56 FMJ. While seating the bullets I couldn't align the cannelure. I kept adjusting the seating die to no avail. Come to find out the only blemish was the cannelures were all different. Other than that they shot well.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Crap, i'm looking at the 45 but what is 45acp .451 or .452 or both. I haven't actually started reloading yet but i'm getting my stuff together now.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    So this is good for 45 ACP :
    Blemished Bullets 45 Caliber (451 Diameter) 230 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 100 (Bulk Packaged)

Thanks, i am easily confused lately, i see 452 jacketed there too so i really don't understand.

Blemished Bullets 45 Caliber (452 Diameter) 240 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 100 (Bulk Packaged)

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    Alucard-
    Thank you for the heads up - this looks like a fanastic value.

From the pictures and descripitions, it looks like a bunch of these bullets are from Hornady (especially the Amax series, as Armed Ferret was discussing above). Is that a fair guess????

If so, I will buy a bunch...

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    So this is good for 45 ACP :
    Blemished Bullets 45 Caliber (451 Diameter) 230 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 100 (Bulk Packaged)

Thanks, i am easily confused lately, i see 452 jacketed there too so i really don't understand.

Blemished Bullets 45 Caliber (452 Diameter) 240 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 100 (Bulk Packaged)

larger diameters in heavier weights are usually for 45 colt, or 454 casull. Standard diameters for these are .452 jacketed and .454 cast, although some pistols have sliglty smaller bores to fire the .451/.452 bullets. Usually slugging the barrel and test firing are the only way to tell which diameter will shoot best out of these. However 45ACP is pretty much standardized at .451/.452

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Alucard-
    Thank you for the heads up - this looks like a fanastic value.

From the pictures and descripitions, it looks like a bunch of these bullets are from Hornady (especially the Amax series, as Armed Ferret was discussing above). Is that a fair guess????

If so, I will buy a bunch...

I maxed out on the 168 amax. That should take care of my competition needs for a while.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    So glad i got in on this sale. Their completely sold out of any handgun sized bullets.

Mud Turtle

Jan 11, 2009
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Alucard, thanks for posting. I ordered yesterday and got some bullets that I'll load for .380 Auto and 9mm. I missed out on the .45's and .357 mags because I waited too long.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    received all my blemished rounds when i got back in town today, they look fine. All the .45 hollow points all look the same except a few have some dark spots on the side of them. Will weigh them tomorrow and see if they are all good. Same goes for the 55gr polly tips i bought for .223, all look fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom