• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    Hi All,

I actually have two questions;

1) I've read on here where you guys say that when you receive your C&R License that you should make copies of it and not sign the original. I have done that however my question is, as you use your copies and sign them fresh each time do you always use the same date (the date you recieved the original) or do you date them for the current date as you use them?

2) I received my C&R License a few weeks ago and i'm getting anxious to make that first purchase! I think i want either a Polish Radom P-64 or a Walther P1, what are you guys thoughts on these two guns?

This is an awesome site and I hope to be able to contribute to it in the future!

Thanks in advance for your help/input!

John

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I don't date mine, just sign it at the lower left where it says "(Original Signature of Licensee)".

The only date on mine is the expiration date in the black square near the upper right.

As for whether to get the P64 or the P1:

Yes.

And the CZ82.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I don't date mine either, just sign.

A Walther P-1 was my first buy with my C&R, alot of fun, fairly accurate and no problems. I paid the extra $10 for hand selected to make sure I got the modified slide and hex bolt. I ordered it on a Friday and it came on the following Wednesday.
    Check the link and look about 2/3 down the page

http://www.classicarms.us/firearms.htm

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I have a Polish Radon and wish that I'd not bought it...it merely collects dust, but I got it after reading a very favorable article in Guns & Ammo back in 2009. At the same time, I picked up a nice CZ 52 and have shot it a few times. It snaps the wrist with that 7.62x25 round and is cheap to shoot at $00.13 cents a round. Fairly accurate, too, at 25 yards.

I'm a big fan of CZ...quality stuff at a decent price!

Lew--Ranger63 & Good Guy 176

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    No need to date your signature on a hard copy of your C&R. Out of habit I sign any copies I send in red, but that's not usually necessary either.

Both pistols are nice C&R toys. I have both and sooner or later you'll wind up with both. Feeding the Walther P1 9mm luger rounds is cheaper and easier for me than shooting 9x18 in my toys in that caliber.

A CZ-52 was suggested. They are great C&R pistols and certainly not as cheap as they once were. And they likely won't go down in price in the future.

So, you have choices to make. Or you could go ahead and get all three while the getting's good. :innocent0

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    I also never date mine...
    just sign the copies...
    and then get them all... all of them...

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    The Walther is a better range toy. I would look for a P38 over a P1, but that is just me. they are quickly climbing in value. The P64 is a strange animal. It is exceptionally well built and accurate. However the recoil is snappy.

They are apples and oranges. The simple question is do you want a compact or full size gun? The answer is probably both.;)

obiii

Jun 2, 2010
    Allegany County, MD
    I sent a copy via email of my signed license, undated. The company responded the next day that they needed a date. Probably varies from site to site. Good luck hunting, I'm still looking to buy my first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom