• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Donating as in giving is probably OK.

Yes sir- it’s definitely ok and an honorable thing many hunters do for their communities. This guy is a little suspicious to me because he is searching every deer thread on the forum and asking for sale/ donate deer meat.

I mentioned on another thread, if he really needs help, I’m sure he will find it here.

It was a good day for the old smoke Pole. The buck came out before 3:00 and the doe just before sunset..

Attachments

• 20201222_174023.jpg
      20201222_174023.jpg
      92.5 KB · Views: 179

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    ANYONE HAS DEER MEAT FORSALE OR DONATING???

Where are you located? I've got a new deer coming from my butcher. I've got plenty of leftover ground that is still in fine shape. It's free if you want it. I'm in Gaithersburg.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Yes sir- it’s definitely ok and an honorable thing many hunters do for their communities. This guy is a little suspicious to me because he is searching every deer thread on the forum and asking for sale/ donate deer meat.

I mentioned on another thread, if he really needs help, I’m sure he will find it here.

Maybe he's a democrap leeching a handout? :)

ANYONE HAS DEER MEAT FORSALE OR DONATING???

Before everyone starts piling on TOO much, it is illegal to sell game meat in Maryland. Giving it away/donating it is perfectly legal. When asking if any is "for sale" it will be met with suspicion.
    If you're looking for venison because you don't hunt (like me) or supply a food bank/shelter, I'm sure there are many here who would help you out. If your family is in need of food, plenty of us will take you grocery shopping.
    (I am responding to all the threads)

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Where are you located? I've got a new deer coming from my butcher. I've got plenty of leftover ground that is still in fine shape. It's free if you want it. I'm in Gaithersburg.

Before everyone starts piling on TOO much, it is illegal to sell game meat in Maryland. Giving it away/donating it is perfectly legal. When asking if any is "for sale" it will be met with suspicion.
    If you're looking for venison because you don't hunt (like me) or supply a food bank/shelter, I'm sure there are many here who would help you out. If your family is in need of food, plenty of us will take you grocery shopping.
    (I am responding to all the threads)

You guys are good people, I told him on another thread if he needed help, he would find it here. I just am a little suspicious, but if he’s legit, I would send him a check for food too.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    After 24yrs in and around Baltimore, if someone appears to be in need, I provide: food, clothes, blankets, transportation, etc. I never give money.

Smart move, NOTHING made me madder when I gave some turd a few bucks for his sob story and sure enough I saw him go into a liquor store. :mad54:

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    So in the last 2 weeks I've now seen 2 bucks on my home range that have dropped an antler. First one was last day of gun and was one of the big boys I'd been watching. Jumped him behind our barn, had him broadside at 60 and was ready to drop him when saw the one side dropped.

Today saw a small 4/6 pointer in the driveway that had dropped one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So in the last 2 weeks I've now seen 2 bucks on my home range that have dropped an antler. First one was last day of gun and was one of the big boys I'd been watching. Jumped him behind our barn, had him broadside at 60 and was ready to drop him when saw the one side dropped.

Today saw a small 4/6 pointer in the driveway that had dropped one.

We have a buck on our farm who has lost one side.. seems early but a biologist I talked to said it's not uncommon

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Just finished another sit where it was me and the squirrels. This year has been ssslllloooowwww. I passed on some deer early season waiting for the big one but since Nov it's been dead. Don't think I've ever had this many total days without seeing anything.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've owned this property for 10 years and have lived in the neighborhood 13. First time we've had visual confirmation. Seen them down the road and have heard them in the past. This is right in the corner of my horse pasture where I shot the 8pt on November, only 50 yards from my chickens and ducks.
    3baa11c8f174931850a2674f2238b08f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom