• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    [EDIT] As it turns out - this is a non-issue. Using this brake in no way negates the warranty.

This is what I get for not asking first; I went ahead and bought a rather nice muzzle brake that also is supposed to act as a mount for my Rugged Radiant.

https://patriotvalleyarms.com/self-timing-rugged-suppressor-mount/

I was curious and asked Rugged if it was acceptable. Here is the response:

"Thanks for reaching out to us and Happy New Year! Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the Patriot Valley Arms mount as it is not a Rugged product. I would take a look at our rifle accessories online and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards"

He did not mention if it would void the warranty. It does appear to me to be well made and well designed and should make a great muzzle brake. Will find out if I can return it. IDK might keep it as it is a very nice brake and Rugged mounts are non-existent in 30 cal.

Last edited:

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I run a pva jet blast on a 300win mag and like it. It's probably fine I doubt rugged has ever tested it and just want you to buy the rugged mount. Does the suppressor seem to mount up well to the pva?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Rugged is good people and will honor their warranty. Also if you have a problem maybe don’t mention that you’re using an aftermarket muzzle device.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I run a pva jet blast on a 300win mag and like it. It's probably fine I doubt rugged has ever tested it and just want you to buy the rugged mount. Does the suppressor seem to mount up well to the pva?

It does seem to mount nice and snug. I asked Rugged if using it voids the warranty, waiting on a response. If it does not I will post here and be using it.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    This is what I get for not asking first; I went ahead and bought a rather nice muzzle brake that also is supposed to act as a mount for my Rugged Radiant.

https://patriotvalleyarms.com/self-timing-rugged-suppressor-mount/

I was curious and asked Rugged if it was acceptable. Here is the response:

"Thanks for reaching out to us and Happy New Year! Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the Patriot Valley Arms mount as it is not a Rugged product. I would take a look at our rifle accessories online and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards"

He did not mention if it would void the warranty. It does appear to me to be well made and well designed and should make a great muzzle brake. Will find out if I can return it. IDK might keep it as it is a very nice brake and Rugged mounts are non-existent in 30 cal.

Joe Bob Outfitters says they "usually ship in 24 hours." Not sure if that means they're in stock.

Also, this place... https://www.blacklabelarmory.com/mb001.html

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Maybe I should not have asked then :D
    My bet is that they would not really care and would likely appreciate you being the crash test dummy for their other customers. I have a PVA brake that I bought to use with my Rugged Micro. It worked well, but I decided on a flash hider instead. I may recycle it for a suppressed lightweight hunting rifle aka excuse to buy a Rugged Radiant.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My bet is that they would not really care and would likely appreciate you being the crash test dummy for their other customers. I have a PVA brake that I bought to use with my Rugged Micro. It worked well, but I decided on a flash hider instead. I may recycle it for a suppressed lightweight hunting rifle aka excuse to buy a Rugged Radiant.

As usual - you are correct! Rugged says no issue with the warranty, they just won't give their blessing to the competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom