• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Man the last one really sucked. It was maybe you and two other tables selling actual firearms related stuff.

I'll wait to be assaulted by the SUPPORT YOUR MARYLAND SHOW folks

So first thing is I didn't tell anyone to do anything. I posted my opinion full well knowing the backlash would come. If I find that I can get people to bend to my will with a single forum post then holy cow I'm gonna start using that.

I'm full well happy to pay my $8 to attend a gun show in Maryland to support our LGS. The last show was not a gun show, it was Brian/SCSG and one other table selling guns then a whole bunch of other crap. What damage is done by the promoter billing this as a gun show then people showing up to find 2 tables of guns and a flea market? If that was my first experience I doubt I'd ever come back.

Now is this because the promoter is challenged in recruiting gun shops to get tables because of the state laws or because they DGAF and will sell a table to anyone who wants one in the name of billing the show as being a certain size? I'd suspect both.

For the record I know Brian and he's a good dude. Will patronize any time.

This seems to be less of an issue in PA but still a problem. I'm sure 99% of that reason is because Marylands laws blow. We all know that.

No...Posting your opinion is not “telling someone what to do”.

But when someone is looking for information about a gun show... and they see your “... the last one really sucked.” Are you honestly going to believe that they will make any effort now to attend that specific show?

Negative ratings... posted in this manner... only serve to discourage attendance. Encouraging more attendance, on the other hand, may bring back more vendors with guns to the shows.

I hate Maryland gun laws and anti 2A attitudes... just like anyone else who has a brain would. But I’m going to continue to encourage participation and support for our friends who are doing all they can to keep it alive for us.

It’s the responsible thing to do.

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    If that was my first experience I doubt I'd ever come back.

The last Timonium show was my first (been to the Dulles show before, but this was my 1st MD show), and while it wasn't the Dulles show, I had an open Saturday, $8 to get in, and it was a good way to spend the morning. I'll be there again this weekend, not because I have expectations or anything specific to look for, but because, why the hell not? I may or may not walk out with anything, but it only cost me a few bucks and a couple hours of my life.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Man the last one really sucked. It was maybe you and two other tables selling actual firearms related stuff.

I'll wait to be assaulted by the SUPPORT YOUR MARYLAND SHOW folks

"You won't be assaulted"......... but you will. How dare you say anything negative about a Maryland gun show that may discourage others from going regardless of truth or facts. You will be expected to support Maryland shows despite the horrendous state laws and any disadvantages they may offer. Period.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    For the price of a cup of coffee at Starbucks you can attend the show.

I will not pay that much for Starbucks or any other coffee.
    A gun show is well worth the admission, even if you just spend some time with like minded people. Who knows, you just may stumble across something that you just have to add to your collection as a bonus.:D

chipotlebro

Jan 8, 2021
    How are ammo prices at this show usually?

Looking to buy 32 acp (best ive found on the internet is $20+fees)
    and 38 S&W (On the internet 35$ + fees)

Thanks,
    first time poster

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater

Thanks,
    first time poster

If you're looking to stock up on pallets of ammo, this might not be the most economical place. Heck, these days there probably aren't any sources that could be considered economical. But if you're trying to pick up a couple of boxes of range ammo or maybe something unusual, you should be in luck. No shipping, no hazmat fees, and the opportunity to deal with another enthusiast face to face and hang out with like minded folks.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой

Thanks,
    first time poster

If you're really in need and don't mind the current prices then there should be ammo. I'm sure it'll be worse now. I had some orders in before the 6th and on the 7th, the stock has either depleted or pricing increased bigly.

This was the last Timonium show.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=6079995&postcount=27

tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Thanks,
    first time poster

Understand you're a first poster but for a question such as yours, in this ever-changing ammo climate, there's only 1 way to find out for sure. Go to the damn gun show and wear the damn mask There's no lazy way to get that information.

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    Understand you're a first poster but for a question such as yours, in this ever-changing ammo climate, there's only 1 way to find out for sure. Go to the damn gun show and wear the damn mask�� There's no lazy way to get that information.

So do you know what the magazine or bolt gun situation will be at the show?

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    Im thinking about going after doing a small job in the morning. Looking for a stripped or assembled upper and a charging handle to complete a build. Also like picking up older Winchester and Remington 22's at gun shows. Picked up a nice Remington 511 scoremaster for a fair price att the last one.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    So do you know what the magazine or bolt gun situation will be at the show?

If you don't mind 10 rounds or less you may luck out but can't say I paid any attention to that because of my lack of interest in the restriction.

If you're looking for back issues of Mad magazine. Maybe better luck.

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
      s-l640.jpg
      58.3 KB · Views: 378

VANewbie2A

Jan 7, 2021
    Hey guys, newbie here that needs help educating myself prior to this weekends show.

Military member here assigned to a unit in VA, maintains Texas residency, and would like to buy a weapon this weekend at the gun show in Maryland.

Could you suggest a website that will help answers on if I’ll even be able to based on the data above?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Hey guys, newbie here that needs help educating myself prior to this weekends show.

Military member here assigned to a unit in VA, maintains Texas residency, and would like to buy a weapon this weekend at the gun show in Maryland.

Could you suggest a website that will help answers on if I’ll even be able to based on the data above?

Send a PM to: FFBWMD

He's an IP (Industry Partner) on this forum, and can help you out in more ways that one! Super good guy, too.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Here are my Timonium experiences, for what they are worth. It was in my newb days and I was not aware of the IPs here. What going to the show allowed me to do was to see, handle and ask questions about a number of firearms in one place. As it turned out, there was only one dealer there that I saw with the one I was interested in. I did not buy anything at the time, but I was able to get a lot of information and test different firearms for size, balance and grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom