• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I never sells guns at shows. Might take a rifle to sell this time slung over my back. Shouldn't be an issue here right?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I never sells guns at shows. Might take a rifle to sell this time slung over my back. Shouldn't be an issue here right?

Nylon wire tie the bolt open. Or remove the bolt and wire tie though the receiver so the bolt can’t be inserted.
    Get it checked as you enter.
    Attach a sign to the barrel with your asking price.
    It should be easy enough.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Anyone know if they are going to limits attendance?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here.... Since this IS Maryland and it IS Baltimore county, I would expect to see limits on number of people in the building. Wouldn't surprise me if Baltimore Co health dept was there monitoring too... Just my .02.....

Hey folks,

New guy here (22 yo), thinking about going with my Dad. Never been to a show before, but I had some questions that may seem a little stupid, so I apologize in advance. Do all the vendors only accept cash, I'm guessing? I find it a little hard to imagine there's a ton of vendors that will take credit cards there, huh? Not that I particularly like the idea of walking around with $1000+ in cash. Also, do they do FFL transfers in-house? So, lets say I wanted an AR there, would they have to ship it to an FFL somewhere else to perform the transfer? Or if it's like an AR10, would you just fill out the paper work, wait an hour or so for the background check and walk out with it? (sorry, never owned an AR so i'm not too sure on the laws)

I've got my C&R license, but never done an actual modern transfer before, either at a gunstore or a show. The only real thing i'm looking for is a makarov, but since I don't have an HQL it'd have to be east german or a russian military one, but I'd like to look at anything interesting.

Also, i'm assuming you just buy the ticket at the door?

Thanks in advance.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Hey folks,

New guy here (22 yo), thinking about going with my Dad. Never been to a show before, but I had some questions that may seem a little stupid, so I apologize in advance. Do all the vendors only accept cash, I'm guessing? I find it a little hard to imagine there's a ton of vendors that will take credit cards there, huh? Not that I particularly like the idea of walking around with $1000+ in cash. Also, do they do FFL transfers in-house? So, lets say I wanted an AR there, would they have to ship it to an FFL somewhere else to perform the transfer? Or if it's like an AR10, would you just fill out the paper work, wait an hour or so for the background check and walk out with it? (sorry, never owned an AR so i'm not too sure on the laws)

I've got my C&R license, but never done an actual modern transfer before, either at a gunstore or a show. The only real thing i'm looking for is a makarov, but since I don't have an HQL it'd have to be east german or a russian military one, but I'd like to look at anything interesting.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, just buy a ticket at the door. You can also get a $1.00 off coupon online. Cash is king at gun shows but most venders accept cards. You can negotiate when paying cash, not so much with plastic. You will never be safer with wads of cash on your pocket than at a gun show.

MD legal long guns will transfer at the show. (All laws will be followed), if you buy from a dealer you will have a NICS check. Pistols will have a seven day wait. And can only be bought through a FFL

Have fun. It is probably going to be a completely atypical show. Expect lines and high prices

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Yes, just buy a ticket at the door. You can also get a $1.00 off coupon online. Cash is king at gun shows but most venders accept cards. You can negotiate when paying cash, not so much with plastic. You will never be safer with wads of cash on your pocket than at a gun show.

MD legal long guns will transfer at the show. (All laws will be followed), if you buy from a dealer you will have a NICS check. Pistols will have a seven day wait. And can only be bought through a FFL

Have fun. It is probably going to be a completely atypical show. Expect lines and high prices

Yep...

No loopholes.

And the FFLs take ccards.

Cash may get discounts. Or not. The market is hard for buyers right now.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Hey folks,

Thanks in advance.

As mentioned, above, anything that's legal to buy anywhere else in Maryland can be bought at the show, long guns from a dealer is fill out the paperwork, pass the NICS, pay the man and take your gun home with you.

Your C&R means nothing in MD unless you are buying from a resident of another state, still have to follow all MD laws for handgun sale at a dealer. FYI, no HQL is required for a C&R gun from a dealer, but still have the 7 day infringement. As far as a Makarov caliber gun, the CZ model 82 is on the C&R list as well as the MD roster, you just can't get the standard 12 round mag with it. South Carroll Sporting Goods often has the CZ and other C&R guns so worth checking with them.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    * Most * dealers accept plastic , those gadgets that attatch to cellphones are now common . Cash has best barging power , and some dealers add 3% fee for plastic .

Occasionally a private person disposing of a collection will have a table . Usually will be a few people walking around with firearms bearing a For Sale sign ( secured w/ zip ties ) . Obviously they will be Cash .

And yes, the venue helpfully has an ATM .

Thanks for the help everyone. I will probably go with some cash and see if there's anything interesting that catches my eye.

Your C&R means nothing in MD unless you are buying from a resident of another state, still have to follow all MD laws for handgun sale at a dealer. FYI, no HQL is required for a C&R gun from a dealer, but still have the 7 day infringement. As far as a Makarov caliber gun, the CZ model 82 is on the C&R list as well as the MD roster, you just can't get the standard 12 round mag with it. South Carroll Sporting Goods often has the CZ and other C&R guns so worth checking with them.

Right, I forgot about how the C&R is only for out-of-state purchases. How does that 7-day work then, if I found an East-German or Russian Military Makarov (both C&R by name), I'd pay but have to have it shipped to an FFL near me for the 7-day wait (most likely Worth-A-Shot since that'd be most convenient), but it'd go fine without an HQL since it is C&R?

Guess I should have called them up and let them know before going to see how they do things with paperwork/transfers. Oh well, I guess its a bit late now with my schedule.

Btw, the CZ82 is definitely on my list to buy at some point since all the Czech guns seem neat (VZ58, etc.) but I specifically wanted a Makarov in 9x18 first because I've just wanted one specifically.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks for the help everyone. I will probably go with some cash and see if there's anything interesting that catches my eye.

Right, I forgot about how the C&R is only for out-of-state purchases. How does that 7-day work then, if I found an East-German or Russian Military Makarov (both C&R by name), I'd pay but have to have it shipped to an FFL near me for the 7-day wait (most likely Worth-A-Shot since that'd be most convenient), but it'd go fine without an HQL since it is C&R?

Guess I should have called them up and let them know before going to see how they do things with paperwork/transfers. Oh well, I guess its a bit late now with my schedule.

Btw, the CZ82 is definitely on my list to buy at some point since all the Czech guns seem neat (VZ58, etc.) but I specifically wanted a Makarov in 9x18 first because I've just wanted one specifically.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

If you find a C&R handgun you like, you have to have an online account with MSP, then create a 77R online and write down the pin number.

Go to the gun show, find one you like, pay the dealer, give them your pin for the 77R, they fill out their portion, and you wait 7 days. There really is no reason to have it shipped to another FFL from the one you buy it from unless they are completely across the state from you.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I was told 75% capacity today, so thats good news.

The last time I saw that place anywhere NEAR 75% capacity attendance... was the saturday morning of the last 2013 show.

This is another one of "those times" so... I suspect it will be attended by a host of new people looking to buy their first guns or to find ammo at any price.

I personally know of several first timers/newbs who I have invited and expect that they will attend. They are very interested in finding what they now know they need... and the training and information that goes with it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The last time I saw that place anywhere NEAR 75% capacity attendance... was the saturday morning of the last 2013 show.

This is another one of "those times" so... I suspect it will be attended by a host of new people looking to buy their first guns or to find ammo at any price.

I personally know of several first timers/newbs who I have invited and expect that they will attend. They are very interested in finding what they now know they need... and the training and information that goes with it.

Same with Saturday afternoon. I wouldn't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom