80% Items. Is it likely that G'burg or HOCO will have them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Been meaning to get a few just to have and now with the recent turn of events I might/should move that up on the priority list.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Been meaning to get a few just to have and now with the recent turn of events I might/should move that up on the priority list.

There were none at York which is generally a bigger show. Just saw some on Midways site

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    There were none at York which is generally a bigger show. Just saw some on Midways site

There were.

The guy who is at every show selling lights lasers, foregrips, handgaurds, etc had some 80% stuff at the end of the table. Jigs and lowers in bags. It looked like it was just packaged in heat sealed bags, no boxes with manufacturer's names... I don't know anything about them so maybe it was knock off junk (like most of what he sells).

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I’m talking about p80 full kits in factory boxes.

Polymer 80 factory in Nevada just got raided by the ATF claiming full gun kits are the sale of an unserialized firearm without back ground checks. Not sure if there's a thread on that yet. So if you see them at a gun show, buy it up.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Yes, yes I did. Something doesn't sit right for me if frames, etc are in plastic bags......

They are talking about a different guy than what I saw. The one I saw had ar 10 and 15 lowers and jigs for them. The ones not on display in front were in sealed unmarked bags. Probably junk from china with questionable quality.

I only saw them because I was looking at his flashlights and lasers.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    [Kev308];6142143 said:
    Polymer 80 factory in Nevada just got raided by the ATF claiming full gun kits are the sale of an unserialized firearm without back ground checks. Not sure if there's a thread on that yet. So if you see them at a gun show, buy it up.

Not exactly what happened. They said that the parts kits with all of the parts included were considered a firearm. I believe, but research for yourself, that the 80% frames weren't the problem in the eyes of ATF. As crazy as that is.

Don't forget to pay cash for everything.

Definitely for something like that.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I have a couple Glock kits

Attachments

• 0F1F7CA8-ACE0-4A6F-A328-428555F023F2.jpg
      0F1F7CA8-ACE0-4A6F-A328-428555F023F2.jpg
      69.6 KB · Views: 290

sundaeman

MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Not exactly what happened. They said that the parts kits with all of the parts included were considered a firearm. I believe, but research for yourself, that the 80% frames weren't the problem in the eyes of ATF. As crazy as that is.

Definitely for something like that.

Sounds like they are using a play on constructive possession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom