• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    So I was watching a video and they were talking about the best way to have less flash and noise out of a shorter barrel AR is to use a heavier bullet and faster powder, that way all the powder is burned. That got me thinking I have some smk 69gr bullets and win 680 powder. Any ideas? This is just thinking/theory as I don’t mind my normal loads in my 10.5”. It is a little louder than rifles but not hateful.

Last edited:

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Use a powder with a flash suppressant. I use H335 specifically because it doesn't have any and creates fireballs from short barrels. Great for range blasting. None of the Hodgdon powders have flash suppressants supposedly. All Accurate powders are supposed to have a suppressant. AA2230 has next to zero flash when fired side by side with H335.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Use a powder with a flash suppressant. I use H335 specifically because it doesn't have any and creates fireballs from short barrels. Great for range blasting. None of the Hodgdon powders have flash suppressants supposedly. All Accurate powders are supposed to have a suppressant. AA2230 has next to zero flash when fired side by side with H335.

My go to load is 24.0 gr of h335 with a 55gr pill. Just figured I have some heavy projectiles and fast powder on hand. I don’t mind the pistols with normal loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom