• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    i was there at 9:15 , 350 -400 people in line to get in . i turned around and left .

Oneqwickr6

Feb 8, 2013
    I think as a General rule you have to be inside the building before you can offer anything for sale. And I'm curious as to the ammo prices? Anyone make it inside and see how bad the prices are.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I would say that for a gun show that opens at 9 am it should be no surprise that there's be lines around opening time. At 11 am there were 10 in line.

The lines were from everyone needing to complete the Covid-19 form and get temperature taken as they enter. Masks were mandatory.

I've been saying for a few years now that the Timoniun Gun Show sucks......

The good;
    -Lots of ammo in every conceivable caliber It would be hard to believe there's an ammo shortage.
    -Lots of pickles, reindeer sausage, knives, sharks teeth, roasted nuts, Chinese (fill in the blank), jewelery or something that looked like that, incense, etc, etc etc

The bad;

--few modern guns; one vendor had about 10 handguns under his mesh spread out over 2 tables. Lots of old rifles
    --I went to the show figuring it would have lots of crap but only wanted 2 things I've never seen absent from ANY gun show; plastic ammo boxes and 10 round Glock magazines for the 19, 23 and 20, 21 The guy who's always in the back left corner and been there for decades had 2 cardboard boxes of scratched plastic ammo boxes in 5 handgun and rifle calibers. Nothing else in the entire show......
    1 vendor had a small box of 15 Glock magazines in 2 models, but none for the above. I've never been to a gun show that didn't have a vendor selling the plastic ammo boxes in every caliber or tables full of Glock mags. I ended up buying some cinnamon roasted almonds and incense

Today reinforced my opinion of the Timoniun Gun Show and I cannot nor will not recommend it to anyone. Regardless of who or what's at fault, IMHO the show has lost its relevance to all except those who can't get to PA or VA

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Got a call while I was still in the area from sundazes, we used to hang out in the late 80s. We met for breakfast, then went back to the show.

Prices, were astronomical, 1000 LR primers, $180.
    CZ scorpion, was something like $1600
    Colt AR $2599
    Polemer 80, $189, no parts or slides
    10 rnds of unidentified. 308, $15

South Caroll had ok prices on ammo
    They had some PMC Bronze, for $22 for 20 rnds.
    They had 19 boxes, I had $400 I didn't "need" .308, but only have maybe 80 rnds at house.

So
    They filled my home honey, can I keep them?

Not only did I include my foot, (an MDS requirement)
    But also Alli, my *****.

Attachments

• 20210109_141838.jpg
      20210109_141838.jpg
      77 KB · Views: 387

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    When I went around noon, just walked right in...
    I saw a ton of people who didn't know any better buying and paying outrageous prices for things. Alot of AR's, shotties, other various and sundry rifles. All WAY over priced. But the folks that did not know any better and needed it now, were happy.

I did get to hang out the infamous MSI team of Bigfoot, Shafted, and what the hell was that others guy's name......

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Well there WERE LP primers , but no more . No powder, limited cases ,bullets , etc.

Good selection of ammo at " midrange new normal " . What can I say ? In early 2021 cheap plinking ammo , or priced to stack deep is Not a thing anywhere . If you are in actual NEED of a cpl boxes of whatever , you can get hooked up . If you literally want a whole Pallet , talk to Ammo Jon .

My take is that I'd rather have Gun Shows be legal . and at least semi- viable than not . I' d rather have mediocre gun shows than no gun shows .

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    i went back after lunchtime , ten people in line . renewed my msi membership , talked with bigfoot for awhile , good guy . payed alittle too much for a pietta 1858 new army , but i have it in my hands , not waiting six weeks to order one . most of the guns were overpriced , was a few that were " gun show fair " . ammo was all at current or above prices .

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The poly 80's I saw were 189 for v1. Just the lower and jig. There was only one guy that a small selection of parts, mainly upper components. No slide/uppers to be found.

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    A little west of Frederick
    I was there in line at 9, got in and got what I needed. Walked around for a hour or so and left. The show is pretty much exactly what I expected given the current circumstances.

Most prices were high, some prices were very high. Anyone expecting to find reasonable ammo prices or reasonable reloading supply prices would have an easier time finding a unicorn sliding down a rainbow.

I picked up a Geissele trigger for what I would have paid pre crazy so not everything was marked up to crazy level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave M

Jan 27, 2013
    Pa.
    Me and my young son got there around ten. Had small line. Of course high prices everywhere. We had a good time talking to a lot of good people. Bought a nylon holster from a guy that makes them. Picked up a flag and pulled the trigger finally on one of those telescopic steel sticks. Bought the wrong CCI small pistol primers. Got 100 Magnum #550 instead of #500 for 9mm. Didn't notice till I got home. Anyway son and I had a good time and that's what really matters. :)

bigred

Ultimate Member
    Nov 18, 2009
    Middle River
    There was no one there with the colors he mentioned or 300 kits.
    There was a guy there with some full kits g19 and g17 for 575.00
    Then the Asian guy with all the Asian parts would sell you a full kit for almost 800.00
    There was a few people with just frames.

Hi, did anyone see the 80% kits mentioned in this thread earlier?? Type and price?? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom