• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hidaro

May 4, 2021
    I posted about a week ago saying I needed help with zeroing my scope, and E.Shell offered to come and help.

He drove an HOUR on a Sunday to come and watch me shoot, give me pointers and advice. He didn't accept any money, just a firm handshake. It felt really cool having someone as experienced as him giving me shooting advice. I learned a lot from my couple hours with him!

Thanks a bunch E!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Awesome glad you got it worked out. You can't find a better teacher when it comes to shooting!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I don’t even reload and love his posts about reloading because if the depth of knowledge he has.
    I asked him about shooting a long range match in cold weather and the effects of temperature on my ammo and dope. Not only did he respond, it was a full page of technical information that I printed out and keep in my long range bag.
    Ed is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Ed is one of the pillars of MDS. He's a true asset to our community and fine company over a cup of coffee.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    It's a rare individual that can combine truly extensive knowledge, with both the genuine desire and the elusive ability to communicate and teach what they know.

A number of folks possess one such trait. Some fewer number of others will possess two.

Read his posts here, and you'll come to realize that E. Shell possesses all three traits.

Sounds like a good day OP! We're all the better for his presence on this board.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I attended one of his long range workshops several years ago. He's very knowledgeable, able, & above all, a good man.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I posted about a week ago saying I needed help with zeroing my scope, and E.Shell offered to come and help.

He drove an HOUR on a Sunday to come and watch me shoot, give me pointers and advice. He didn't accept any money, just a firm handshake. It felt really cool having someone as experienced as him giving me shooting advice. I learned a lot from my couple hours with him!

Thanks a bunch E!

So what was the issue with zeroing? Don't leave me (us?) hanging please.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    What range were you guys shooting at today? I was working at Cresap today, and there was an older gentleman there giving lots of pointers. He was insanely knowledgeable and I learned a good bit today just from listening to him talk to the younger shooter.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Need to go find that what made me smile thread...add this story to it. Great group here

hidaro

May 4, 2021
    What range were you guys shooting at today? I was working at Cresap today, and there was an older gentleman there giving lots of pointers. He was insanely knowledgeable and I learned a good bit today just from listening to him talk to the younger shooter.

That was probably us LOL. We were on bench 5 at 1:00pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom