• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Just remember OP, complaining about it every day will not make it happen any sooner. Patience young Paladin, it will happen soon enough. There are a lot of people that are in the same boat as you and their frustrations are running high too. It could be worse, you could be living in Cali...

bratgirllcp

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Grasonville MD
    are gun shops even operational tomorrow?any luck on customers get call backs in general? iyo?

John/Select Fire called me this am and said my p.work just arrived & i can get my revolver and i asked him his hours tomorrow he told me sooo i guess they are open it took 32 days have a good week BRAT;)

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    1/11 still waiting, MSP did not have my application in the system, and store had to resend it.:mad54::tdown:

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    My question is why the descrepacy in times, how can one FFL receive paperwork from the 18th while another is waiting for the 12th, smells of ********.

I thought that too, until I learned a little about their process.

Apparently there are officers and civilians doing the processing. Their goal is to get DISAPPROVED out within 7 days. That implies that any that look good are 2nd priority.

Next, apparently there is a policy that if a civilian gets one that requires additional research, then those go to an officer for processing. It may be safe to assume that this officer already has their own stack to process, so the transferred one could be delayed.

My understanding is that for any give day applications from a week or more may be sent out - all depending on where in the process they were give the NOT DISAPPROVED.

Now add in that they had Fax trouble, had to put two new Fax machines on-line, and installed new computers that they may need to get used to and you have more factors to slow things down. I was totally against, but now that I know more about the process and that they are receiving 350 applications per day, I have to stand with them and continue to be patient.

My date is 1/16. I understand that apps from the 16th were started last Wednesday or Thursday and that those will be coming out over the next week. Seeing that Monday is a Holiday, I don't think much will be done that day.

I am not in the process, but just paying talking to lots of folks and I've put four guns into the system over the last 8 weeks. I had heard estimates of 5 weeks and it looks like well hit that this week, unfortunately.

New trainees should be in the process in about three weeks, so that should help. Although gun inventories are down in stores, sales must still be high since guns are coming in and the app count remains high.

f1racecar

MDS Supporter
    Feb 11, 2011
    Havre de Grace
    I know will make some of you mad/jealous. Boy am I glad I got my last gun (Sig 229) before all this long time for paperwork BS hit. It took exactly seven days in early Dec.

:mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom