• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    It's at the discretion of your FFL. As they clear the disapproved in 7 days, the FFL has the authority to give you your weapon by law after 7 days.

Waited 10 days. Get a new FFL.

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    It's at the discretion of your FFL. As they clear the disapproved in 7 days, the FFL has the authority to give you your weapon by law after 7 days.

The FFL I used for one of my purchases stated that he has to wait until he receives a number from Maryland and only then can he release anything. Has something changed to prevent FFLs from releasing early?

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville

Oh for god sakes. This isn't true. The ffl can't release any firearm without the nics number. NICS won't release the number to an ffl in md if it's a md regulated weapon. Stop spreading this crap around.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Mom purchased her Sig 226 on 1/27 and she is still waiting. I called the FFL and they said they are up to 5 weeks now at best.

I mailed my collectors permit out on 1/19 and have not heard anything back on it either. I'm not expecting my AR to be released to me any time soon (2/13).

The original law should have read "seven day waiting period but not more than 14". That would put MSP at odds with law makers for anything that would put them in a pressure cooker scenario because they would be legally required to complete all applications within two calendar weeks. The fact that your 30 day moratorium doesn't start until you've received your not-disapproved paperwork back is complete BS. I can't see how that does not infringe on your right to bare arms and isn't grounds for a lawsuit.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    Not only is MSP backed up some online retailers are completely unreliable with sending orders out. I ordered a gun from KYGUNCO 2 weeks ago and haven't had it shipped or my card charged. As of now they have ignored all phone calls and emails although my order still shows as pending. I would not recommend doing business with them, I know all online vendors are swamped right now but 2 weeks to box up and ship and handgun is excessive especially because they already have my FFL's info on file... By the time I get the gun and get not disapproved it will probably be may!!! 1 in 30 I think not... Ill be lucky to pull of one more regulated firearm purchase before the Oct. deadline if this shit passes.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Not only is MSP backed up some online retailers are completely unreliable with sending orders out. I ordered a gun from KYGUNCO 2 weeks ago and haven't had it shipped or my card charged. As of now they have ignored all phone calls and emails although my order still shows as pending. I would not recommend doing business with them, I know all online vendors are swamped right now but 2 weeks to box up and ship and handgun is excessive especially because they already have my FFL's info on file... By the time I get the gun and get not disapproved it will probably be may!!! 1 in 30 I think not... Ill be lucky to pull of one more regulated firearm purchase before the Oct. deadline if this shit passes.

Cabela's seems to be in good shape as far as ammo and accessories

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys

heard about a civil case in new york about their new bill which recently passed in january not too informed on california but know they have a ban on anything over 10 rounds and as of this libtard state the gun legislation bill act is on freeze mode?was impressed though 1300+ testified opposing and 31 supporting :D ha but then again God only knows what the outcome will be i pray it won't pass

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis

Oh for god sakes. This isn't true. The ffl can't release any firearm without the nics number. NICS won't release the number to an ffl in md if it's a md regulated weapon. Stop spreading this crap around.

krashmania is right, An FFL MUST wait until they receive a NTN from MSP. It's only private sellers who can release a firearm after 7 days. :)

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    Anyone know about what day MSP is processing? I'm at 40 days today. FFL said they were working on the 25th of Jan.... But they said that last Monday.

I hate to say it, but I may never see my handgun... and all I want is the one.

I ordered it online (FFL to MSP form end of FEB) so it will be interesting if we hit October and I have to go through a year process for a license. In that case my handgun is in limbo. Will I have to pay storage? What if the FFL/gunshop goes out of business?

I know this is negative thinking but you see I still have to scratch my head at the thousands (got to be that many) who have deposits on a half dozen or so guns that are just running the forms through the system just as soon as the last approval comes through. Those people who want quite a few guns are planning to run this clogged system right up to October.

Some big greed there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom