• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forging.a.better.tomorrow

Forging.a.better.tomorrow
    Jun 1, 2012
    I was wondering since MD rarely gives out CCWs, is it legal to carry gas guns such as the ones manufactured by Walther that fire CS gas cartridges such as these; without a CCW.

4.1343_1.jpg

This is an example of such a gas gun.
    315.02.00_1.jpg

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I would say no as it fires a projectile and thus may fall under ATF and therefore, MSP regulations regarding firearms and their carry restrictions. I also just wouldn't carry CS unless I was hiking and wanted to avoid wild animals or stray dogs. Consult a lawyer as they would know better.

forging.a.better.tomorrow

Forging.a.better.tomorrow
    Jun 1, 2012
    I Think Gas Guns are Starter Pi&a

Looking at Md. PUBLIC SAFETY Code Ann. § 5-101 h-2, starter guns are considered to be firearms. I am certain that these would be considered starter guns. I suppose a CCW is needed for these then.

I would think these gas guns are superior than the Kimber Pepper Blaster, because they are not limited to just two shots, and reload and sound like the real thing. When people hear gun shots they call the police. I don't think people will be calling the police if you use the Pepper Blaster. I suppose we're limited to a Pepper Blaster.

Last edited:

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    It looks like the propellant is still gunpowder? That would make the projectile even if it is a plastic capsule be propelled by combustion, thus a firearm?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I'd be willing to bet if you are caught carrying the pistol pictured you will see the inside of a cell before you get to go home even if it is legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom