• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Small rifle primers at Midway - both standard and magnum. Get them while you can - I don't need them and therefore I'm not buying them.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Looks like they are gone
    They never last long.

I know at some point I'll be reloading .223, and with that in mind, I thought about snagging a brick. However, I'm not there yet - I figured it was better to let them go to someone who needs them now.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That may be the case. I haven't seen a lrp case drop in 3 months and I regret missing them.
    While I would not mind a 5k case of LRP just to be done with my primer hunt, the truth is that I could probably tolerate buying primers at 10c each for large primer cartridges. Quality 308 bullets are not cheap, and neither is the powder.

Now, SPP/SRP... not so much. $400 shipped for 5k is just beyond my limit for the moment. I know that's not true for everyone, and that's cool, but no point in stocking up on primers if you're gonna turn around and buy them for crazy money.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    While I would not mind a 5k case of LRP just to be done with my primer hunt, the truth is that I could probably tolerate buying primers at 10c each for large primer cartridges. Quality 308 bullets are not cheap, and neither is the powder.

Now, SPP/SRP... not so much. $400 shipped for 5k is just beyond my limit for the moment. I know that's not true for everyone, and that's cool, but no point in stocking up on primers if you're gonna turn around and buy them for crazy money.

I got a box full of 7.62x39 brass thats just sitting there because I'm prioritizing 308 reloads. I've gotten a useable load using cast bullets and h335 in 308 to run in my piston driven L1A1, hence my demands in a case of lrps. Likewise on the primer demand situation. Each reloader is different on how they approach to valuing these primer drops.

R81

Jun 30, 2006
    Add to the cost of primers the amount of time you spent trying to find them.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Too Funny... They should put a price tag on it and see how many Bots auto-purchase it.. Cha-ching

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 3.22.37 PM.jpg

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Looks like graf's had a case primer drop for remington 7-1/2 small rifle bench rest primers crunching at .053 cpr at 3 today. I attempted to order it and timed out right at the order confirmation, but I was able to get an order confirmation via email and refreshing the timed out page brought up the order placed page. Fingers crossed.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Looks like graf's had a case primer drop for remington 7-1/2 small rifle bench rest primers crunching at .053 cpr at 3 today. I attempted to order it and timed out right at the order confirmation, but I was able to get an order confirmation via email and refreshing the timed out page brought up the order placed page. Fingers crossed.

what was the "LA?"

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Only SPP left at 6:15am.

Small pistol magnum available at least a few minutes after that as I rolled out of bed about 6:25am and ordered up 1k. Those really should be the last primers I buy for a LONGGGGGGG time. But I only had a few trays and plan to try to get a .357 lever gun and a .357 revolver later this summer/fall.

Soooooooo.... Not loving the 10.5cpp shipped, but still means I can load a .357 for only about 20-22cpr.

Of course they might still cancel my order, but *shrug*. I kind of figured there was a high likelihood of that when I ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom