• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    The company I work for is hiring an HVAC mechanic for our large commercial office building in Silver Spring MD, the shift is 10am to 6pm. This job is covered under a union contract with good pay and benefits.

As a mechanic in a commercial office building, you will get into a little bit of everything, but we are putting an emphasis on hiring someone with A/C and control experience.

PM me if interested.

Below is a snip of the ad that we posted on line elsewhere.

The Mechanic will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all mechanical/electrical equipment, controls and distribution panels used to provide heat, air conditioning, ventilation, and electrical power service. Candidates must have a Universal CFC certification, a minimum of five (5) years experience in the trade. An HVAC license is preferred. Qualified candidates must be highly motivated, proactive with maintenance of building systems, possess strong mechanical abilities, and demonstrate good communication skills (both oral and written). Candidates must be flexible with the ability to work additional hours or adjust schedule if required. Candidates are required to be part of the after hours "on call" program designated for the building(s) assigned. Candidates must maintain completion of required training courses - safety and corporate.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    HVAC Falls under steamfitters 602
    But maybe they are going to be under engineers 99. Good question
    Those are unusual hours for ether. I see it with some engineers that overlap but not 602 guys. It could be a really good job for a service guy that’s tired of running the roads.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Local 99?

HVAC Falls under steamfitters 602
    But maybe they are going to be under engineers 99. Good question
    Those are unusual hours for ether. I see it with some engineers that overlap but not 602 guys. It could be a really good job for a service guy that’s tired of running the roads.

Yes, its a Local 99 job.

The hours aren’t really that unusual for a stationary person, we staff the buildings to accommodate the tenants which is typically Monday to Friday 6am to 6am. 10a-6p is a very common shift.

This would be a great job for someone that is tired if running the roads doing service. In fact, we recently hired a few service guys that had 15-20 years of running around under their belt and wanted to slow down a bit.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I can see the service folks getting tired of running the roads prior to Covid but the traffic has lightened now and most folks have no less of an issue now with it. It will get harder again though.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Define "Goo Pay" not for me but I have a nephew in that field and would be interested in moving on from were he's at in Rockville since Silver Spring is were he lives and just tired of the commute .

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Define "Goo Pay" not for me but I have a nephew in that field and would be interested in moving on from were he's at in Rockville since Silver Spring is were he lives and just tired of the commute .

I’m not going to post it on an open forum, but i can certainly PM you email address so your nephew can reach out to me.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I’m not going to post it on an open forum, but i can certainly PM you email address so your nephew can reach out to me.

I just talked to him and he's going to stay were he's at because they just kicked his pay way up and threw in a extra week of vacation and for a single man he's banking a lot and planning a early retirement out of MD.at 50 and will do something else but still have this to fall back on . Wants a place away from the cities but you have to stay where the work is . So he's only got 10 years to 50 and thinks he can tough it out and in 5 years start looking for were he wants to go and what the next chapter will be , No wife no kids said in was never in his plans like his favorite Uncle .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom