Review of the Armanov Ammo Checker (9mm hundo)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    https://thehebrewhammer.net/2022/01/26/armanov-ammo-checker-bundle-3-in-1-review-9mm/

I like it a lot. Using an individual cartridge gauge on my match ammo was such a PITA that I wound up slacking off about using it. The Armanov hundo is a lot faster and transfers into boxes far more quickly. It's not cheap, but... buy once cry once, right?

I am working with them to get their 5.56 gauges for review as well.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Very interesting. I see a 3D printer project to copy this in someone's future (other than the precision case gauge part). Mostly the OAL uniform inspection part I guess.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Very interesting. I see a 3D printer project to copy this in someone's future (other than the precision case gauge part). Mostly the OAL uniform inspection part I guess.
    I agree that somebody could probably replicate the non-gauge bits pretty easily, albeit I doubt the design and test time would be worth it with the OAL checker or flip top. The thing I've been kinda mulling over designing is some sort of box to put the checker in and provide a rim, so that you could dump in a bunch of cartridges and just agitate to get them in holes. That would be fairly trivial to make, I should think, just a couple shapes in OpenSCAD.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    Thanks for taking the time to read my review, which addressed this explicitly! :)

The bundle is $144.80 (plus $10 shipping to the US), or, for me, it was $115..84 (plus shipping). This is not cheap. Even if we do a closer apples to apples comparison, the Armanov checker is $120 vs the $110 pricing of the (anodized) competitors (Lyman and Shockbottle). You are paying slightly more. That’s a fact.

But, here’s the other thing: the Armanov solution also offers more. The OAL checker option is fairly cheap, and it works really well. You get the flip top, which does aid in somewhat easier transfer to boxes. It also has a much nicer presentation and storage solution.

Doh!

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    Thanks for taking the time to read my review, which addressed this explicitly! :)

I didn’t say you didn’t mention it. I just pointed out that Shock Bottle has been doing this for better than a decade and it is better to support an American company. You missed those points in your review.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I didn’t say you didn’t mention it. I just pointed out that Shock Bottle has been doing this for better than a decade and it is better to support an American company. You missed those points in your review.
    I don't agree it's necessarily better to support them. Thanks for reading the review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom