• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boar13A

Nov 19, 2014
    Hopefully they stock FAL's, M1A's, PTR-91's, AK's, standard AR carbines, Drum mags, ect. That way when Gov. O'malley finds out about it, he has a brain aneurysm due to the intense butthurt.

That would be awesome. I'd be excited about those skeletonized drum mags. Forget who makes Em but they are like $300! I've been intrigued by those and would def pick one up.

embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    I can pretty much guarantee they wont be selling those weapons. Dealt with several of these gun shops in the PX. They will only sell MD legal weapons. But hey :) , tax free :P, only issue is they are usually a bit more. They price match competitors, but in these case the only one close enough is Bass Pro.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    The new PX sort of shocked me. Considering they are continuing to pour concrete all over Ft Meade it was only a matter of time before they got a new PX. This is the same PX format they have on any major base. It is much like the one at Ft Benning.

As for the 'Federal land' argument it only makes sense - no sales tax, no State liquor laws.

As for 'Active Duty' buyers at the PX gun shop, look, there are no longer an Active Duty and RC ID cards. You have a CAC that has your branch and rank. That's it. If you have a CAC you can buy at the gun store.

Erick

Sep 13, 2013
    Well I'm active army and I was there a couple weeks ago. Bought a 30 round mag at the tactical store! They said its federal land so essentially the can sell what they want. The only catch was you have to be active duty. I'll assume the guns will be the same. That's how it is at every other post I've been. You must present a CAC card and orders to state when purchasing a firearm at the PX

Cool I did not know that :)

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    As for 'Active Duty' buyers at the PX gun shop, look, there are no longer an Active Duty and RC ID cards. You have a CAC that has your branch and rank. That's it. If you have a CAC you can buy at the gun store.

On the right side of my ID it states:

U.S. Army
    Retired

EXPIRATION DATE:
    INDEF

Educate me on CAC

EDIT of google, from the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Access_Card#cite_note-dodcac-1, it doesn't pertain to retired oldFarts: The Common Access Card, also colloquially referred to as the CAC (often called CAC card, due to what is informally known as RAS syndrome), is a smart card about the size of a credit card.[1] It is the standard identification for active-duty military personnel, Selected Reserve, United States Department of Defense (DoD) civilian employees, and eligible contractor personnel.[1] It is also the principal card used to enable physical access to buildings and controlled spaces, and it provides access to defense computer networks and systems.[1] It also serves as an identification card under the Geneva Conventions (esp. the Third Geneva Convention). The CAC satisfies two-factor authentication: something that belongs to the user, and something only known to the user. And, the CAC covers the bases for digital signature and data encryption technology: authentication, integrity and non-repudiation.

Last edited:

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    So I would imagine with a Ret ID the same thing would apply. It only says 'Retired.' From a DoD point of view, if you buy your gun on post, store it on post (in housing or unit Arms Room), and go the post Rod+Gun Club (does Meade still have one?) you never actually take your gun into the State of MD.

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    Retired should be able to buy. If not, I think the employees have some bad info. The Store at Henderson Hall in VA, has a small store. They can sell to anyone, and there happens to be a Captain that is a Maryland Resident with a FFL who can do the transfers. A gentleman also said that the stores were going to be showing up at other bases. He said Andrews had one.

velociROBtor

Dec 31, 2014
    I just stopped by yesterday. I meant to take a picture as the cases had 4 brand names on them. Looked like 2 or 3 5' table cases and at least two circular long gun cases. Either way, I would expect a small selection but at least it's something. Oh... and they still were not stocked.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Well, They are still have not hired the firearms sale counter senior associate:

Vacancy Number H-023158-2014 Job Title SR STORE ASSOC (FIREARMS) Exchange Location United States - Maryland - Fort Meade Facility Name NEW MEADE MAIN STORE Employment Category Intermittent Career Area Retail Operations Job Grade 1 Job Tier 1 Job Description SELLS A VARIETY OF SPECIALIZED MERCHANDISE TO CUSTOMERS USING SALESMANSHIP AND COURTESY OR SERVES AS A CUSTOMER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE. MAY PERFORM "LEAD" FUNCTIONS AND MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MORE THAN ONE SELLING CENTERS (ROVER). MAY OPERATE A CASH REGISTER OR OTHER SALES RELATED EQUIPMENT; BALANCES DAILY FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS. MAY PROCESS DEFERRED PAYMENT PLAN, CREDIT CARD, AND DISHONORED CHECK TRANSACTIONS. PRACTICES LOSS PREVENTION PROCEDURES AND PERFORMS OTHER RELATED RETAIL DUTIES AS REQUIRED. PROGRESSES FROM NON-SPECIALIZED SALES DUTIES TO SPECIALIZED PRODUCT EXPERTISE. NOTED FOR PERSONAL SERVICE, CONCERN FOR CUSTOMERS, AMIABLE DISPOSITION AND KNOWLEDGE OF AAFES/RETAIL POLICIES AND BUSINESS PROCEDURES. Supervisor No Job Qualifications COMPLETION OF HIGH SCHOOL OR THE EQUIVALENT. SALES EXPERIENCE,DEMONSTRATED WILLINGNESS AND POTENTIAL FOR ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

If a sufficient number of qualified candidates do not apply, the minimum qualifications may be lowered without reposting. Additional Qualifications/Requirements INTERMITTENT WORKING 3 TO 34 HOURS PER WEEK, ASSIGNED TO THE FIREARMS DEPT.
    APPLICANT SELECTED WILL BE REQUIRED TO GET NACI BACKGROUND CHECK AND FINGERPRINTED. Salary Minimum $7.25 Salary Maximum $14.52 Number of Positions Remaining 1 Removal Date 04-Jan-2015

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    There were two guys working in the gun shop area, both had name tags that said firearms sales or similar. Jim said he was the manager, job announcement says one more position available, I wonder how many 'firearms sales' people they are going to hire. Jim said he got a new hunting rifle from his wife for Christmas, and just returned from a hunting trip in the "Live Free or Die" state. :-)

retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    Well I'm active army and I was there a couple weeks ago. Bought a 30 round mag at the tactical store! They said its federal land so essentially the can sell what they want. The only catch was you have to be active duty. I'll assume the guns will be the same. That's how it is at every other post I've been. You must present a CAC card and orders to state when purchasing a firearm at the PX

I'm no lawyer, but I may understand a little on the subject. There are three general types of land jurisdiction for federal land...exclusive federal, concurrent, and proprietorial. Pretty much means that state laws apply for all land jurisdictions BUT exclusive federal. So if the PX is on exclusive federal jurisdiction, state law does not apply and Federal law prevails. Also, due to sovereign immunity, the state cannot regulate the Federal government (or its employees under official duty). Now, this is just my limited understanding of a very complex topic and could be off.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    Salary Minimum $7.25 Salary Maximum $14.52 Number of Positions Remaining 1 Removal Date 04-Jan-2015

Not sure who they are going to get in MD for kind of money. As long as the guy can process transfers.

Maybe there is some young GI with a cute wife that needs some extra income?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom