• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Unless, like erwos says, someone is dead set on building something under 29".

A .300 Blackout would be fine with a barrel as short as 8" or 9", which puts it under the 29" overall length.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    And most of us don't understand your fascination with prostate exams but we don't judge.:lol2:
    It's a living.
    For some of us, popping chubbies and prostate exams go hand-in-hand....so to speak.:innocent0
    I'd have to charge you double.....
    This ^^^A pistol is fun til you put a suppressor on it, then you need a stock IMHO. Then it's SBR time.

I love the AR platform. A SBR (10-12" barrel) feels MUCH better than a longer rifle. It points quickly and naturally. With a can, it's still manageable. Integrally suppressed uppers should be more popular.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Can't you SBR a sig brace, then use it as a "stock" whenever you like and snicker at those who tell you it can't be done! So technically based on intended use your sbr can be a pistol and an SBR at the same time because the sig brace is not a stock but it is a "stock" when you shoulder it?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Can't you SBR a sig brace, then use it as a "stock" whenever you like and snicker at those who tell you it can't be done! So technically based on intended use your sbr can be a pistol and an SBR at the same time because the sig brace is not a stock but it is a "stock" when you shoulder it?

Don't see why not. As long as you can meet minimum OAL reqs. I have a pistol with a full length buffer tube. With a 10.5'' bbl, it still comes up short by Md. standards(27.5'') but, with the right brake pinned and welded or a little more barrel, you could make it.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    A suppressed SBR makes sense to me - seems that would be a well balanced rig. I have seen guys using 300 blackout SBR's suppressed ringing steel plates with ease. But I am not seeing the advantage of an un-suppressed SBR or AR pistol in general, other than perhaps for home defense. Maybe I would change my mind if I tried one out.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    OK, so again, do you need to REGISTER a brand new pistol build in MD? with MDPS/BATFE? Hypothetically, a I.E., 80% lower, 7" barrel, pistol-length buffer WAY under 29" OAL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom