• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Has anyone here ever been to the hq of the NY Times? ... I would bet money that they have armed security... (yes... that would be guards with guns) at the entrance, as well as scattered about their facility... and if they do... they should be dismissed immediately. No need for guns, right?:rolleyes:

I don't know about now but there was a time they weren't above manning a Gatling gun out front.
    https://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/harp/0801.html

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I don't give a shit what people do with their reproductive processes but the next time someone says we "Need to do SOMEthing" and talks about PP at the same time, I will tell them they can have my guns when you turn in your uterus.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Redstate's Eric Erickson NAILS, err ... shoots it.:gun7:

The Outrage Over Shooting a Newspaper

It really is a cult like experience to see a group of people see a terrorist attack and their solution after it is the same as before it — gun control. The left has closed itself off to any ideas, but those in their own echo chamber now. Gun control and carbon taxes will solve all the world’s problems.

Attachments

• NYT Bullet Holes.jpg
      NYT Bullet Holes.jpg
      50.9 KB · Views: 202

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Times now wants your opinion on how to stop (mass) shootings ... there are fields to fill in on this webpage ...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/12/07/us/07gun-control-callout.html

How about getting rid of gun free zones for licensed concealed carriers (depending on how the particular states restrict carry), and promoting shall issue carry around the US to eliminate the "protection gap" - the time interval after which a shooting starts and before armed law enforcement arrive?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The Times now wants your opinion on how to stop (mass) shootings ... there are fields to fill in on this webpage ...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/12/07/us/07gun-control-callout.html

How about getting rid of gun free zones for licensed concealed carriers (depending on how the particular states restrict carry), and promoting shall issue carry around the US to eliminate the "protection gap" - the time interval after which a shooting starts and before armed law enforcement arrive?

Way too simple. It'll never work. We NEEDZ MOAR LAWZ, MAN!
    :sarcasm:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I don't know about now but there was a time they weren't above manning a Gatling gun out front.
    https://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/harp/0801.html

August 1, 1963 . . .

At Newspaper Row, across from City Hall, Henry Raymond, owner and editor of The New York Times, averted the rioters with Gatling guns, one of which he manned. The mob, instead, attacked the headquarters of abolitionist Horace Greeley's New York Tribune until forced to flee by the Brooklyn Police.

Funny, he didn't look Korean.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    August 1, 1963 . . .

At Newspaper Row, across from City Hall, Henry Raymond, owner and editor of The New York Times, averted the rioters with Gatling guns, one of which he manned. The mob, instead, attacked the headquarters of abolitionist Horace Greeley's New York Tribune until forced to flee by the Brooklyn Police.

1963 ?

I think you got spell checked..

Or pulled a Brooklyn... ;)

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    August 1, 1963 . . .

That happened in a time when common men had balls.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    1863. I blush.

Yea couple of giveaways there gatling gun..and Brooklyn police.. looks like before unification of the cities into greater new York..

But 1963 was turbulent as well.

Notice the racially inflammatory cartoon..depicting an event that most likely never happened...

They were protesting the draft..not the war..especially the rich mans buy out provision....back.then the times was firmly establish ment and needed to demonize the protesters..since most of their readership likely took the buy out..

Hack journalism then and now..just different game..

Of course the cartoon is from.Harper's I.think.. not so sure what the times position was come to think of it..

Oppose an unfair draft burden that hits mostly poor irish and benifits the rich...easy peasy spin ...you're rascist..

Nothing changes..

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I did not know Gatling guns were used in the Civil War.

The Gatling gun was designed by the American inventor Dr. Richard J. Gatling in 1861 and patented on November 4, 1862.

The Gatling gun was first used in warfare during the American Civil War. Twelve of the guns were purchased personally by Union commanders and used in the trenches during the siege of Petersburg, Virginia (June 1864 – April 1865).

Yep

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom