• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • South County Sportsmen

Industry Partner
    Oct 31, 2018
    Southern AA County
    Just got word that Glock will no longer offer Glock Night Sights and Ameriglo Night Sights as a factory option on any of their firearms. Once the current stock sells out then there will be no more.

If you're considering a new Glock with factory night sights I would buy while you still can.

-JB

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Just got word that Glock will no longer offer Glock Night Sights and Ameriglo Night Sights as a factory option on any of their firearms. Once the current stock sells out then there will be no more.

If you're considering a new Glock with factory night sights I would buy while you still can.

-JB

I wonder what the reason for that is? Seems like an easy way to mark up a firearm and earn some extra cash.

I really like the Ameriglo NS on my Gen5 G17 and G19. Prefer they come with them rather having to spend 100 bucks then a few bucks at a gun shop to have them installed.

South County Sportsmen

Industry Partner
    Oct 31, 2018
    Southern AA County
    I wonder what the reason for that is? Seems like an easy way to mark up a firearm and earn some extra cash.

I really like the Ameriglo NS on my Gen5 G17 and G19. Prefer they come with them rather having to spend 100 bucks then a few bucks at a gun shop to have them installed.

I really have no idea why they would discontinue factory night sights, it really doesn't make any sense to me.

And you're correct, it's definitely cheaper to buy the gun with factory night sights installed.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There's go to be more to this than currently public .

I can certainly agree a Mfg could discontinue using a particular component as oem .

BUT particularly for a company that has Gov't sales as a major part of their business strategy , they absolutely know that a major percentage of their target market will have night sights as part of their Bid Specification . To not have night sights available from the factory/ importer will place Glock and their distributors at a major disadvantage in a very competitive market .

I predict that before the existing stock of the old style night sight equipped guns is exhausted , they will announce their New & Improved Night Sights .

South County Sportsmen

Industry Partner
    Oct 31, 2018
    Southern AA County
    There's go to be more to this than currently public .

I can certainly agree a Mfg could discontinue using a particular component as oem .

BUT particularly for a company that has Gov't sales as a major part of their business strategy , they absolutely know that a major percentage of their target market will have night sights as part of their Bid Specification . To not have night sights available from the factory/ importer will place Glock and their distributors at a major disadvantage in a very competitive market .

I predict that before the existing stock of the old style night sight equipped guns is exhausted , they will announce their New & Improved Night Sights .

Glock (and every other manufacturer that bids govt contracts) will do whatever is necessary to meet the bid spec, what they offer the civilian market has no bearing on their ability to meet/satisfy a govt contract. For example, there are Glock 19x deployment pack pistols floating around with factory "MOS" slides, currently Glock doesn't offer the MOS option to the civilian market. I've also seen factory Coyote G17 Gen 5's.

However, I do agree with your last statement. I'm sure Glock has something in store for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom