• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Are you still able to offer NFA Laser Engraving while the customer waits? Assuming this is by appointment, how far in advance do you recommend for appointment scheduling?

Thanks.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Are you still able to offer NFA Laser Engraving while the customer waits? Assuming this is by appointment, how far in advance do you recommend for appointment scheduling?

Thanks.
    They only do engraving if Andy or Carlos are in the office that day. Call them before you make a trip down there, to confirm that they can engrave the day you want to go in.

BaltimoreLou

Just Learning and enjoyin
    May 1, 2011
    White Marsh
    Got a SBR engraving done on a Saturday a couple of weeks ago. Really appreciate the effort to get it done and checking where I wanted it etc. Been in a couple of times now and def appreciate the professionalism and attention to detail.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Had Engage do my first (essential!) NFA engraving today. In and out like I was buying a pizza, except ... frickin' LASERS, man. That was fun. Quick, courteous service, and a nice job on the can.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Pardon my ignorance, but is it required by law to get a suppressor engraved? I ask the question because no one at Engage told me to get this done when I bought my can at their shop and picked it up. So if I am out of compliance, I want to fix the problem ASAP. Thanks for the advice.

Cal68

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Pardon my ignorance, but is it required by law to get a suppressor engraved? I ask the question because no one at Engage told me to get this done when I bought my can at their shop and picked it up. So if I am out of compliance, I want to fix the problem ASAP. Thanks for the advice.

Cal68

You’re fine. You only need to have it engraved if you are making your own on a form 1. The same way you would get an SBR engraved if you bought an off the shelf rifle and wanted to shorten the barrel or a pistol and wanted to add a stock.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008

Cal68

No.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    You’re fine. You only need to have it engraved if you are making your own on a form 1. The same way you would get an SBR engraved if you bought an off the shelf rifle and wanted to shorten the barrel or a pistol and wanted to add a stock.

Whew, thanks guys! I started to sweat there for a while even though I figured that Engage would have counselled me to get them engraved if it was required by law.

Cal68

Gilo

Jan 20, 2019
    Their engraving is awesome. I love this place. quick in and out and staff is super friendly.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    And again - another plug for the great service at Engage. Came in on a Saturday and despite being very busy they were able to engrave three of my SBR's while I waited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom