• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Seems like it would be ripe for an ADA class action lawsuit. I wouldn’t mind being the lead plaintiff.
    The lawsuit would lose horribly, IMHO, because the ATF could easily demonstrate that they're still allowing certain gun configurations that are amenable to such usage. The score sheet comes down super hard on people who do dumb shit like putting LPVOs or magnifiers on their braced pistols, where they are totally unusable without shouldering the brace.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The lawsuit would lose horribly, IMHO, because the ATF could easily demonstrate that they're still allowing certain gun configurations that are amenable to such usage. The score sheet comes down super hard on people who do dumb shit like putting LPVOs or magnifiers on their braced pistols, where they are totally unusable without shouldering the brace.

The score sheet is arbitrary and capricious.

Ten ordinary people could try to score the same weapon and none of the results would agree with each other. None of the attributes of the brace are measured, such as the rear surface area, they do not define attributes such as impediments to shouldering, and they include a line that they can determine anything an SBR even if it passes the score sheet.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    The lawsuit would lose horribly, IMHO, because the ATF could easily demonstrate that they're still allowing certain gun configurations that are amenable to such usage.
    I'm not so sure they can. My reading is that practically any AR-based firearm would not be able to comply.

silverwolf

Feb 14, 2011
    I'm curious about the prerequisite for using the score sheet which states "The weapon must have an overall length between 12 and 26 inches." Does this mean that an AR-15 pistol with a pistol brace and a barrel long enough to get the OAL over 26" will not be considered an SBR?

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    I'm curious about the prerequisite for using the score sheet which states "The weapon must have an overall length between 12 and 26 inches." Does this mean that an AR-15 pistol with a pistol brace and a barrel long enough to get the OAL over 26" will not be considered an SBR?

Let's not "tune" this abomination for them. fred55

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm not so sure they can. My reading is that practically any AR-based firearm would not be able to comply.
    SB Mini with a reflex sight passes easily. Most of the "pistols" people are using these days wouldn't, because, surprise, they are not actually being used as pistols, they are being used as SBRs. "I need help lifting a rifle" and "my pistol weighs 8.5lbs" are not statements easy to reconcile with each other.

Would I prefer they just deregulated SBRs? YES, and I own a dozen of them. But that's not realistically in the cards at this time.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I'd love for someone to challenge this, but not on the brace aspect. Challenge the fact that overall lengths of what is essentially the exact same gun is arbitrary, and should not be regulated.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I'd love for someone to challenge this, but not on the brace aspect. Challenge the fact that overall lengths of what is essentially the exact same gun is arbitrary, and should not be regulated.

This would be an easy win if the judiciary wasn't so corrupt. The AFT is changing the actual text of the law by adding to the definition of "rifle". They are 100% making laws at this point. :sad20:

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    This would be an easy win if the judiciary wasn't so corrupt. The AFT is changing the actual text of the law by adding to the definition of "rifle". They are 100% making laws at this point. :sad20:

Roll back the regulatory rule making process and force Congress (House and Senate)to pass actual laws and not delegate its power to Executive branch.

silverwolf

Feb 14, 2011
    Let's not "tune" this abomination for them. fred55

Agreed and I almost didn't ask the question, but if it's occurred to me then it's occurred to lots of other people as well. Just seemed so obvious that I assumed I must be missing something about the way rifles/pistols/SBRs/AOWs are classified by OAL...

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Does anyone else feel like the left is doing things like this deliberately to start a civil war? I mean, it seems like they are really going out of their way to cause the collapse of this country.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Does anyone else feel like the left is doing things like this deliberately to start a civil war? I mean, it seems like they are really going out of their way to cause the collapse of this country.

I don't think its as much that as it is they fear their gravy train days may be numbered. fred55

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

The left is working towards writing a new constitution for the area between Mexico and Canada. The events of Jan 6 2021 played into their plan. They are spending like drunken sailors, inciting civil unrest and they want the country to go to hell in a hand basket. This will give them the opportunity to stand up and say we can fix this while the right is sitting on their asses wondering what happened.

You might not like Pres. Trump, but he recognized this and was fighting against the left's nefarious activities. This is why the left had to fight so hard against Trump and steal the election from him.

Come back in 25 years and tell me I was wrong!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    They're coming for us. The guns and braces and free-speech rights are just in their way.

That depends on the meaning of "coming for ..."

They don't have the personnel to "come" for you for anything. They will come after people financially. Believe in doing away with hard currency? Think the dollar is dead? Wish for a world 'electronic/cyber' currency? Careful...

Ikaros240

Aug 11, 2020
    Well personally I dislike the aesthetics of a brace anyways, so its not a huge deal for me, but its pure ******** that theyre just pulling these regulations out of kamalas ass

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom