• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    I looked it up on Maryland judiciary, several court cases going on in both directions. these people are attempting to take her house. It sucks when something so blatant cost you so much.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    What in the hell?! All of the sudden some people think that stealing something will give them legal ownership.

When you think of this in the general context of what has been happening to this country lately I have a word of caution for everyone. Be prepared for the $hitstorm that is coming.
    :innocent0

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Police had tried multiple times to get the squatters to leave the home, including using a helicopter and armored vehicles, The Sun reported.

Wow.

Maybe they didn't say "pretty please?"

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    This particular case made the news, but it is happening with smaller properties in the area and you are not hearing about it. An El Salvadoran dude i know in Baltimore County was saying it is pretty much a way to get free rent for a couple years because it takes that long to litigate...and that is if anyone cares.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    My add blocker wouldn't let me have access. The comments here were enough to get the drift. Crazy world we live in.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    This particular case made the news, but it is happening with smaller properties in the area and you are not hearing about it. An El Salvadoran dude i know in Baltimore County was saying it is pretty much a way to get free rent for a couple years because it takes that long to litigate...and that is if anyone cares.

If it's my property, litigate my a$$, time to fumigate, one way or the other..

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Article said after several tries the police were unable to get the trespassers to leave. WTF

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    While I think there are too many damn laws, some are needed to protect my rights from (collectively) you.

These people have chosen to trample on others' rights as they see fit. They should be removed from civilized society and made to live in a society made up entirely of sovereign "citizens".

They are nothing other than thugs preying on civilized people.

Most people adhering to an ideology have a primary foundational document behind it. For some it's the Bible, some the Quran, others COTUS. For sovereign citizen types, the foundational document seems to be Lord of the Flies.

Hell, all they believe in is "might makes right," countering which is the basic reason why rule of law evolved in the first place.

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    I remember watching an episode of LivePD a couple of years ago, and Lt. Danny Brown of the Richland Co. (SC) Sherriff's Dept. had a run-in with a "sovereign citizen" during a traffic stop, who was somewhat cooperative with him. He explained that many of them will be more cooperative with a sheriff's department deputy, because the sheriff, (and by extension, the deputies,) is elected by the people, as opposed to city, county or state cops, who they view as an appointed instrument of the government.

No matter what, they're all POS whackjobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom