• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just bought an M&P 2.0 CORE, now I need a red dot for it.
    Don't really want to drop the coin for a Trijicon so I'm looking at Holosun. I'm looking at the HE-508T X2 or the HE-509T X2 as I much prefer a green dot instead of red. Also considering the HE507 as well.
    This will strictly be a competition gun and not a carry/SD piece.
    I'm a fan or Vortex stuff too but don't know much about their red dot handgun sights.
    Anyone use these or have any other suggestions?

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Just bought an M&P 2.0 CORE, now I need a red dot for it.
    Don't really want to drop the coin for a Trijicon so I'm looking at Holosun. I'm looking at the HE-508T X2 or the HE-509T X2 as I much prefer a green dot instead of red. Anyone use either one or have any other suggestions?

No real suggestions, just wishing you enjoyment in its use. Mine made it more fun to shoot again. I was getting so frustrated trying to figure out how to get proper sight picture with my old eyes. Enjoy!

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I like vortex, if nothing else they have a lifetime warranty. I've got several of their inexpensive red dots on ARs and they've all been reliable.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Since Trijicon is out of the question, my vote is Trijicon.

But...if you're gonna cheap out on us, my secondary would be SwampFox ;)

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Sig Sauer Romeo Zero Micro’s and the Burris FF3’s are both around $159. Not sure if the mounting plate that comes with the M&P works with either of them.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Right to keep and bear arms has them on sale and then use code Turkey to get 20% more off.

Ordered a Holosun 507 from Amazon about 2 hours ago, just cancelled it.
    Just placed the same order with Right to Bear, saved me about $50.
    Thanks doc!

mikem623

Jan 8, 2016
    Carney
    Red dot

Check the Swampfox optics. Their products are outstanding and prices are good. Use their Red Dots on 4 of my pistols.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I've got a rmr milled footprint. I'm going back and forth between a 407c and 507c acss Vulcan reticle. I've shot long enough to have a consistent presentation to find a dot...buttttttt that acss Vulcan seems very intuitive if you're not in a perfect shooting position for some reason. I also kindve like the chevron instead of a dot for a variety of reasons.

I'm also struggling on the red or green versions of both. The green seems way easier to pickup in comparison... but they are both daylight bright.

I checked out the enclosed emitter on the 509t. I like that it seems to mitigate a lot of environmental concerns. Worst case, you should be able to just wipe the front and/or back lens and get back to work. However, two sheets of glass dramatically increased distortion and reduced some light transmission, relative to the 407/507 design. It also seems to sit higher with that funky baseplate install rather than just bolting straight to the gun.

Soooo... talk me through this. A green 507c acss all the way down to a red 407c with the green 407c and red 507c also in play. Whatchu think? Is the acss Vulcan worth the extra loot? Is green worth extra loot over red?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    20220509_192656.jpg

Ended up just going for the plain red holosun 407c. The dot is plenty bright to see it clearly in full sun and I've got enough muscle memory that the dot just comes up aligned during dry fire practice. Not sure the giant ring on the acss would be worth the extra hundo. The suppressor height sights are probably too high for the 407, so I'll likely drop to a lower set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom