• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Not sure about the shore but for any lathe work I don't want to do myself I use Ed "doc" Harren of harrens custom rifles. He's in ijamsville on the the Frederick/Montgomery county line. Great benchrest smith who also turns out very nice Varmint and target rifles. Shot some of his more tactically oriented work and they shoot like his bench guns (til you get them too hot!).

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    with all the prevalent prefits out there, consider putting something together yourself. i have a bighorn tl3 6.5prc and a tikka t3x 6.5 creed both with proof carbon shouldered prefit barrels and they are both very accurate. action wrench, barrel vice, torque wrench and you're pretty much there. i will say it was a bitch getting that factory tikka barrel off, but if you're just starting with a bare action you won't have to deal with that.

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    What do you mean by a "custom bolt gun"? What exactly is it you want "built"?
    - MOA hunting rifle?
    - PRS competition rifle?
    - short or LR benchrest rifle?
    All very different.

Rebarrelling an off-the-shelf rifle with an off-the-shelf pre-chambered barrel, or bolting an action and pre-chambered barrel into a "chassis" is quite different than building a custom rifle. But may fit your needs. (Yes - Ed Harren BUILDS rifles. To BR standards.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom