• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I love shoulder holsters, to me they are the most comfortable to wear a CW. Since I am retired, I need more hobbies otherwise the wife would kill me. I restarted my leather work hobby far from the masters but trying. I was using a tuck behind CW holster, but it was uncomfortable. I am of average size and love my jeans which do not leave enough room for much of anything. I refuse to wear baggy pants period.

So, one day I started to look into shoulder holsters. A couple of LEOs I know use them I tried some of theirs just for fit and look. In the winter I always wear vests over my flannel shirts which fit loose. This made them perfect for shoulder a holster. In the summer I wear some wild Hawaiian shirts which also fit loose. So, I tried the shoulder holster under one of them and you could not see or tell I was carrying. The only thing I found that the holster was uncomfortable on my bare skin. So, I bought a set of wife beater t-shirts the ones with the straps which solved the problem.

I made the attached holster and shoulder strap of #6 leather and the straps of #3 leather with a quick disconnect. Used Chicago screws for adjustment and change out of holsters. Made an additional removable magazine holder too. Very comfortable to wear and often forget I am waring it.

The other holster is a hip holster used for open carry

Last edited:

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Yep. I'm a fan too. IMHO, no better way to carry while driving.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I have lots of hobbies and never have time for more but that looks so neat and good .

Still a rookie with leather and have been a wood worker since I was a teenager, made everything from grandfather clocks to 90% of my furniture made the entire kitchen for my wife a few years ago. Started reloading in the 70s and restarted my leather craft which learned somewhat while in the USCG back then. I also have worked on many wooden boats and worked in a boat shop back in the 80s while active duty. Now retired as of 2020, I have more time to do what I want.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Here is a western holster, belt and cartridge holder which fits on any belt. I made it just before hunting season this year. The holster is for a Magnum Research BFR .500 caliber S&W magnum.

Last edited:

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    Looks good I have been working in leather for some years and enjoy it, I loved Hand sewing but Arthritis forced me to a Cowboy 4 machine. I am in Free Florida now but still Love MdShooters,Keep up the clean work on Leather you show promise Grass Hopper!

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Looks good I have been working in leather for some years and enjoy it, I loved Hand sewing but Arthritis forced me to a Cowboy 4 machine. I am in Free Florida now but still Love MdShooters,Keep up the clean work on Leather you show promise Grass Hopper!

I have a Tandy Pro Cowboy Outlaw machine found it very easy to use. I made an edge dresser that I use in my drill press. I am also going to make one with a taper for those tight spots. The drill press edge dresser makes it way easier and does a faster and better job than my hand one. I also made a sling, stock case holder and cover for my henry lever action. Thanks for the complement leather on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom