• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    hi guys, so i didn't make it out west this year for elk and really didn't get any deer hunting in. is there anything going on the eastern half of the US now where i (and prob bil) could hunt for a decent buck, presumably on private land/ranch at this point? and preferably in the $1k if not less range (excl food, lodging etc just the hunt opportunity)?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not sure about WVA or VA's seasons, but Maryland late gun season is this Friday and Saturday, so you could always hit-up public land up here. I can't speak to any private land hunting opportunities in the area.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Wait you are in Loudon? You can prob find tons of places local to you on outdooraccess.com for pretty much nothing all the way through April for urban/antlerless archery. Just need to get some deer fetus recipes off meateater.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah i can kill them in my backyard, we see a dozen or so every day all day. just was looking for something like a ranch opportunity, easier hunting just not as easy as prone on my driveway... not into archery. i will check out that outdooraccess site, thanks.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Here in MD there is the primitive deer hunt, Feb 1-3, which is restricted to longbows, recurves, flintlock and sidekick percussion muzzle loaders.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    yeah i can kill them in my backyard, we see a dozen or so every day all day. just was looking for something like a ranch opportunity, easier hunting just not as easy as prone on my driveway... not into archery. i will check out that outdooraccess site, thanks.

Can always get one of them crossbow guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom